NAC 72 or Hi Cap

Dread to think what CD player she’s going to find :joy:

You could probably find some old Royds for £150. They would have come in natural wood finishes if she’s avoiding black.

Linn Tukans should also work OK but are around £200 and most are black.

1 Like

Definitely avoiding black. I’ve got a Nait XS sitting unused but she said looks to modern😖

A&R Cambridge a60 with th wood casework shouldn’t cost too much, ideally serviced.

Creek 4140 had wood effect but most are black.

I forgot about Heybrook HB1s, ideally with rebuild foam surrounds, but don’t see them so often these days.

Guess what I gave away a few years ago. :tired_face:

Doh!

We’ve all been there!

My 12 year old son is now the proud owner of a Nait 3, Naca5 speaker cable 2 x 3.5m and a ThorensTD160 and Marantz CD41, not to mention a Yamaha twin cassette deck. Rega Ela loudspeakers purchased, waiting to pick up in the new year!

The 2nd system will be in a study and I will use it as well of course :grinning: :wink: :blush:

7 Likes

Nice to see parents ensuring that their children enjoy the better things in life :+1:. Reminds me of the “model railway” (Hornby train set) that my Dad bought me as a kid. He used it at least as much as I did for the first six months after it arrived.

5 Likes

@IanRobertM got some E boards turning up next week.

@SteveC - Crikey - that was quick work… Well Done… :smile:

Should be an easy swap, on a 72.

The tech gen is as per the current Stageline - https://www.naimaudio.com/product/stageline

Input Sensitivity - K & S 100μV, E 400μV, N 2mV
(so the E’s have a gain 5 times than of the N’s)

We will - of course - expect a full report, in due course…!!

1 Like

@IanRobertM E cards have turned up but not allowed to fit them until I’ve walked dogs and cooked dinner :tired_face:

1 Like

Yay…!!! Now, these are 323 E boards - for a 72, etc…? Very easy to swap over.

But clearly - Dogs - Dinner - then play time… :smile:

Meanwhile, I was just been running my 522 N boards, playing some LP’s, as part of testing a pair of ??? speakers. I wanted some serious bass so went straight for some early-ish Genesis - The Lamb… Sounded good to me… :smile:

1 Like

Just managed to swap boards this morning. Only a very quick listen to see difference in volume levels. Think my tweeters are a little safer. Will have a good listen tonight. Wife’s cooking and walking dogs before I get home :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

@IanRobertM E boards are definitely a very good match with the DV10x5. If you get a chance to get them definitely grab a set.

1 Like

Interesting. Glad they work for you… :slightly_smiling_face:

May I ask - where you sourced your 323 E boards from…? (beware Forum rules, in your reply…)

I remain unsure if this is the right option, for me. Having consulted my local dealer, I have been advised against using 523 E boards (in my 82) - I was told that my existing 522 N boards are the best match, for a DV10X.

Got them of an auction site😉. In the 72 there working better then the N boards IMHO. Haven’t tried them at any volume yet, which is where there may be a clipping problem but so far happy so far.

OK, thanks. Didn’t take you very long either…? Wonder if the 3 series boards are easier, though…?

As I said - I am being advised NOT to do this. But will still be interested in your findings.
Actual Volume setting should not alter anything - the Phono boards are not variable - that part is downstream of them.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.