NAC-N272 officially discontinued?

Had you tried it you might understand but you seem keen to make assumptions.

I’ve listened to a NDX2/282/HCDR/250DR and I’m quite content sticking with my 3 boxes and foregoing the separates as the sonics of the former don’t justify the hassle of the extra boxes. And funds are not an issue.

Anxiously awaiting the 272 replacement.

…all this guessing and we’re all probably miles out and it will probably be a new integrated cassette deck/pre…

I didn’t have a chance to try the 272, but I heard the NDX2 / 282 / HCDR / 250DR compared to the NDX2 / SN3. After what I heard, I stopped even thinking about the SN3 (I don’t like its presentation of music, which I find showy but unpleasant) and thought I’d stay with Nova because I didn’t want the amount of boxes and complications that come with the 282.

Now I’m starting to think more and more seriously about the new NAC-N + XPSDR / 250DR. The more that I can hide the last two elements and visually I will only have the “green” Nova - as long as the new NAC-N is kept in the style and the ease of use of the NDX2;).

I am also looking forward to what the new NAC-N will bring.
If it is based on the current (revised?) streaming platform and Naim has done it wisely, the new NAC-N may have a longer life cycle than the current model due to firmware updates.

But this time connected to ATC SCM50As

1 Like

A local dealer is selling brand new 272s at about 40% of the retail price. It looks like it is on its way out…

Yes, I saw that on Instagram as well. Quite a discount.

Fingers crossed??? (for replacement)

Blimey this was the discussion point Xmas 2020, and I asked @Naim.Marketing if she could put everyone out of their misery. And what happened they went and brought out a turntable. Given that we’d waited 40 years for the TT don’t hold your breath on a replacement N272 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes, I wouldn’t hold your breath. And if they do replace the 272, it’ll have the plexiglass front and white logo. But don’t worry, you won’t be able to afford it anyway!

2 Likes

Not waiting for a new 272. Waiting for super Integrated amp like the Hegel 590 or even beter. Getting fed up of HDCR and Supercap etc. So for me NDX 2 with one amp that’s my wish for 2022.

NDX2 with Supernait 3 is a popular solution.

1 Like

Hi Jim,

Have this combo but want to make a step up. But not with 282/250/HDCR want only 2 devices. I think that there is big market for such an amp from Naim like Hegel, or even Solution or others.

A single fraim stack (living room friendly), sleek design taken from Statement/Nova form that doesn’t dominate and resemble NASA mission control is my utopia, i.e…

Turntable (i.e. Solstice/P10)
272 Replacement
Phono
TT Pwr Supply
272 Replacement PS
Power Amp

6 levels - no dangling burndies… :slight_smile:

:+1:

Except the Burndy connecting your 572 to your 2 x 555PS…(even in Utopia!)

Sorry, I forgot to check your profile.

You want Naim to launch a MegaNait.

(The problem with these ‘super’ integrateds is that you lose the Naim sound.)

Why would you lose the Naim sound in a Super Nait? I think that the future of High End will be in one or two devices instead of 5 or 6. People are willing to pay a premium for High End but less devices, less cables and less fuss. If you see the sales for Muso or Nova that’s where the future is for Naim. At least that’s what I :thinking:

I meant that if you buy a Big Integrated today, it would have to be from another brand.

So you’d have to lose the Naim sound.

(Obviously Naim amps have the Naim sound.)

I’m sticking with a streaming pre-amp and a separate power amp. I tried the SN and that compromise didn’t work for me.

1 Like

Maybe we’ll see a Nova HE and a matching power amp, that would be a nice two box setup.

2 Likes