NAC282 soundstage and other matters

One other thing, sales taxes are assessed on state, county and local levels, so if I buy (new or used) from a dealer in another state I don’t pay taxes if they don’t have a business presence in my state (i.e. store, warehouse, office, etc).

1 Like

Visiting the UK is on my radar (I would rally love to attend a BTCC event), but acquiring a 500 series gear from anywhere is not. I’m really quite happy with where my system is now and would rather spend my money on more records (and storage I need for them). :slight_smile:

That’s what I didn’t want to flat out come and say - too much big brother these days

I don’t mind paying taxes. I mind the waste our so-called leaders make of it.

1 Like

I got my 282 serviced after buying a 13 year old unit. I’m afraid I can’t really answer your question regarding soundstage but my God is it a good pre. Everytime I listen to music I get emotionally connected with ease. Music just makes so much sence. Rest of system is NDS, 555ps dr, Hicap dr, 250dr, powerlines and regular naim cables. Speakers are Spendor D9. Enjoy your brilliant system.

3 Likes

Hi Lucifer, and thanks for the reply! I agree it is a special pre amp and many others have said the same including some who prefer it to the 252. It seems to dig out the nuances in music of all kinds. I did consider an NDS but have decided to go for the NDX2 due to its functionality. My dealer also tells me that with a 555psu it is very close to the ND555. A little way to go before I get there! Will be thinking about upgrading m power amp first, and will be seriously considering the 300dr. Another 18 months or so before I can do that though!

Andy

1 Like

I’d validate that with an audition if I were you. I’ve heard one after the other and the NDX2 doesn’t come remotely close to the ND555.

1 Like

I haven’t heard but that is a common opinion among dealers I have found.
The new tech with the 555DR vs the old tech but with the brass isolation is much of a muchness sonically.

I would imagine it depends what you listen to. If it’s stored music I would imagine the NDS would edge it. If however it’s all streamed via Qobuz or Tidal I would imagine the NDX2 would be better.

Yes, but the OP’s dealer is saying that the NDX2 with 555ps is very close to the ND555 which is just wong.

O apologies, missed that. :+1:t2:

Would you? I wish I could try that out. Well I guess I could but can´t really be bothered since I don´t have any dealer nearby. One caveat with the NDS is the need for additional hardware to run Roon which sounds better than running Tidal through Naims own app. That would be remedied with the NDX2 and the ND555 is just too much money for my liking.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.