NAC52 and POTS8

As a matter of curiosity, I recently saw a NAC52, with POTS8, that appeared to have an odd fascia. (Well, to me anyway!)

It did not have the “volume” or “balance” designations at all.

Is this simply a very early version?

Of course, it’s worth remembering that the only place Naim tuners can be serviced is at the Naim factory.

Was it powered up? The volume and balance labels are sometimes hard to see when not illuminated.

It appeared that the fascia was completely blank, in that area.

It may be that, unillumianted, they were just hard to see.
Although I’m used to the wording “lense” still being very visible, when powered off, such as the Naim logo, on other olive equipment.

It was only a photograph, so I cannot really tell.
It’s just something that caught my eye…
(Or didn’t!!)

Are they presented in a different way to the lettering on a 102, for example?
My 102, although unillumianted, shows the lettering clearly against the olive fascia, as if opaque and could be back lit.
I assumed the 52 lettering was the same, abeit with additional back lighting?

I don’t own a 52 and have only seen a friends one in a powered on state.

I was considering making a purchase, but didn’t like the idea of it possibly being a very early model, missing out on subsequent improvements and possibly also not having the illumination. Hence the question!

I particularly liked the illuminated wording by the pots on the 52/82 and was rather dissapointed to find when I purchased my 282 that the illumination had been dropped.
I wasn’t aware of this change until I first powered the 282 on!

I realise that this is a pretty insignificant point, but I was just interested to understand if there was any variation in this regard with the various 52 iterations…
It sounds like it may well be the case that the lettering on the 52 is not visible “upon” the fascia when powered down, like how it is on a 102.

Thanks for your time!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.