Naca5

Wow :rofl:

1 Like

I can retire when I sell it.

5 Likes

Hahaha that is a lot of cable , I would have to try and hide mine as it would be a lot more visible given how the speakers are positioned .

It’s in my home office, I’m sitting between my loudspeakers here in Teams meetings. The thing is that somehow longer runs sound better. I have 3.5 m, 5m, 10m and 12m runs of A5 and the 12m sound best.

There is a plan to route it under the floor. I’ve a hatch already.

I think it was meant humorously, made me smile.

I use a NAP140 in my nearfield system, and so like you have a lot of extra cable! Fortunately it is hidden behind the desk.

I would experiment with how you tidy it. Coiling it can effect the sound quality.

1 Like

You should at least fold it, not coil it :slight_smile:
This applies to everything that transports current, as far as i know.

1 Like

You can find or devise some ways to “loose” excess cable length more easily if the cable is folded rather than coiled.

5 Likes

Yes… partly… lols… :wink:

Some will get it… Others are still trying to understand Inductance…

1 Like

I’m sure what you say is absolutely correct but owners shouldn’t rely entirely on you saying it’s fine on a forum. I’m not sure that this “exception for Uniti” is even written down anywhere or available in a FAQ or support page?
Also whilst you say 3m is fine, does that mean that if it was say 5m or 6m that the owner would get a better experience from their Uniti product given the logic applied on this topic elsewhere.
I can see someone new to Naim as a brand getting confused on the topic of cables, you don’t seem to encounter it elsewhere, I’m sure I haven’t anyway :joy:
My NAC A5 is 4m long, I think I’m ok…

They would sound even better uncoiled. Coiling them like that causes a signal issue and degrades the sound. It took me a little while to find out the hard way.

S-

I think to remember that Richard Dane uses 12 m and enjoys .

You’re fine at 4m. The minimum recommendation for Naim power amps is 3.5m of NACA5. I’ve written an FAQ and posted at length on the forum over the years re. My experience testing different lengths of NACA5. Ultimately i would say that I reckon between 7-10m was best, although bear in mind that too long always sounds better than too short…

And yet Clare says above that 3m is fine for Uniti. It still has a power amp so is it different to a Nait, a Supernait, a 200? You can see why people get confused!!

I think that 12m of SuperLumina would be ideal…

2 Likes

Uniti isn’t quite the same as a classic Naim power amp. The power amps require at least 3.5m of NACA5 as per the FAQ. Nait 5i, Supernait and the Unitis are a bit more tolerant (as has been stated many times here, especially be yours truly), so 3m is likely fine, but personally I would still recommend a minimum of 3.5m. That way when/if you upgrade to a Naim pre/power you’ll still be fine with your existing NACA5.

1 Like

Ideal for the bank , yes

My Supernait 3 is very happy with 4.5m of Tellurium Q Black II.

That’s good to know. The Supernait is in the same design camp as the 5i, Units etc… so a bit more tolerant than the classic power amps.

New products?? :wink:

We’re not sitting still here in Salisbury, you know :slight_smile:

5 Likes