Naim allae woofer wrong orientation

Also by meth as in methanol right??

Thank you, but hope in the future you get to at least own a pair. Truly fantastic speakers

Methylated spirit.

1 Like

I do hope…Not so long ago, there were really good examples around, when i wasn’t looking, not so much so from late. Maybe folks are holding on to them, and i don’t blame them, a truly wonderful speaker to behold, enjoy.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It should be safe on the veneer right? Just to double confirm

I’ve used it on other old speaker projects and not had any issues, so I would assume so. You might want too test on a hidden bit of the veneer to ensure that there’s no discolouration before wading in though.

1 Like

Ah, then it should be good. More confidence in doing this on my own.

1 Like

Isopropyl alcohol shifts most things and drys quick if used sparingly within a few seconds.

I hope you find a pair Stephen, Allaes are an underrated speaker, prices on the used market appear to be going up.

1 Like

Now I’m trying to get some open cell foam sheets to replace the disintegrated ones, when I open the speakers up. So far I found some foam that is used for acoustic foam, going to see if it’s at applicable.

FYI

The specification of the foam is 12.7mm thick reticulated foam 80ppi

Regards
Neil.

4 Likes

Yep, that I know. But thanks for the reminder.

OCD satisfied, refoamed and resealed with hylomar blue. First few minutes, sounded like the mids cleared up a tad.

10 Likes

Looks to be as good as new…? :thinking:

Funny stuff, Blue Hylomar…

Yea, to seal it the woofer into the cabinet.

…And the bass tightened? Good for you. Enjoy the music! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

Hylomar Blue - from their website:

Hylomar Universal Blue is a high performance, non-setting gasket and jointing compound. The compound is resistant to a wide range of fluids including:

• Industrial fluids
  • Oils
  • Petroleum and synthetic diester lubricating oils
  • Gasoline and kerosene
  • Water/glycol and methanol/water mixtures
  • Air
  • Turbine and piston engine combustion products

Slightly overrated for Loudspeaker use maybe…??

It came from the factory with hylomar blue aswell, I’m just refreshing the seal as the old seal is completely obliterated aswell.

If Naim do it I’m sure there is a damned good reason. I have had the pleasure of Naim ownership for over 40 years and never been disappointed. My parents bought me my first Naim amp for my 21st birthday and to me, although that most precious one was stolen it still feels like their legacy.
Keep up the great work Naim and don’t forget you have a bunch of fans way down here in New Zealand, I believe per capita we are known for quite high ownership.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.