Naim and Spendor Thread

Love to hear your thoughts on D2R!

1 Like

Well I feel a little guilty because I really wanted some Spendors, but the ProAc’s were home for a little demo and they just felt right. Regardless I don’t think you can go wrong with either, but I wanted a smaller speaker and the midrange from these is so seductive. Don’t get me wrong, the price was right as well. The pair I bought were slightly pre-owned. Like a lot of people Covid19 had me reevaluate my life a little being home ALL the time. Figured this is my priority so the money I would have spent on Holidays went to upgrade my speakers among other things. They are still new so it’s hard to tell you all the wonderful things about the speakers but they just sound so musical to these tin ears. Seem to match extremely well with my SN3 as well.
Naturally I read all the limited reviews and I agree with them all, they are a special speaker for the price. I also know a few folks who have Proac’s (K6/Tablette etc) and they LOVE them. Using the collective wisdom of the board recommending a home demo was crucial! Bottom line, they are wonderful and come highly recommend.

3 Likes

Congratulations @marcusman on the ProAc D2 speakers, I had a pair with a dome tweeter with a NAIT XS 2 and they were fabulous. I don’t know how long you have had them but I do hope you update us in a couple of months once you had them running in your home for a couple of months.

The ProAc’s are fabulous and I enjoy the D30RS with my SN2 currently.

3 Likes

I have the D7.2 and they’re killer with my SN3. They take ages to break in. Low end small and tight for weeks until they loosen up. Great detail, imaging, space. I do love the Graham LS5/9 and that would be my choice other than these at this point. I love both in my system. Sticking with the D7.2 though.

3 Likes

Awesome @jhsnider! BTW how do you like the Rega P6 with your SN3? Fraim next for me, then a TT.

Thanks @seakayaker. Finally getting to hear the full potential of my system. I’m looking forward to the next few months of running in. I’m going to take your advise and not entertain a XPSDR because I’d likely fall in love with it… Later on perhaps…

1 Like

New York

I love the P6 with the SN3! P6 is the sweet spot of the Rega line imo.

I’m currently using a Dynavector 20x2L with a cinemeg based SUT into the onboard pre. Sometimes I use a Parks Puffin DSP phono preamp SPDIF out into the NDX2. Also very good, not sure which I like better. The NDX2 dac sounds great with the Puffin.

1 Like

Marcus, instead of P6, consider a second hand or ex demo Rp8. At least think on it…

1 Like

I’m looking to use my SN3 as a power amp for L/R in a 5.1 system (via AV bypass) and have Spendor A7s.

I’m now thinking about what Center and Rear speakers I can add to match with the A7s. Spendor have a centre (A1C) but I can’t find any reviews online and it just looks like a bookshelf on its side.

Anyone gone down this route with success? Any tips? Options to avoid?

1 Like

Yes for sure I’ll consider it. Regardless, getting a TT won’t happen for awhile. TT listening is secondary to Streaming for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.