Naim App feature requests

I think the app is perfect, nothing needs adding or taking away.
Please, leave it as it is.

Mike

In design terms the app is a lot better than most. Please don’t be tempted to add any more UI fluff or patronizing error messages that you see elsewhere (like on my Bose app). The performance has got worse with more recent versions, including taking a few seconds to connect to the old Uniti series.

Bite your tongue! :wink:

1 Like

If your uPnP software supports it, the best way to do this is to create an .m3u playlist file on your NAS. I use foobar2000 to create the playlist files and Asset uPnP to play them.
It also means you don’t lose your playlists if you ever have to reload the Naim app.

VSteve…I used to use this method but I personally don’t like it. I want to be able to create playlists dynamically whilst listening. Perhaps I’m having an afternoon session playing country rock and want a playlist…l’ll add the songs I really like as I go along.

Whereas with the m3u solution I have to think ahead as to what songs I want in the playlist and then create it for later listening…or use my preferred method and then manually convert every item into a m3u list.

A utility to convert naim playlists to m3u playlist would be useful though.

Yeah, agreed all that would be nice or nicer. But m3u is the only robust solution at the moment in my opinion.

I’ve seen these before but don’t know how to create them. Can I put my entire library in one of these playlists? I have a QNAP and Asset.

@ElMarko. No, I’m afraid not - there’s still a 500 song limit. You can, of course, add more songs than that to the playlist, but the Naim app will only load up 500.

I use PlaylistCreator to create mine. You then have to do a little bit of manual editing to change the paths to the right format for QNAP / Asset. Let me know if you need a pointer on this (as I use the same combo).

Hi @ElMarko

Why would you want to put your whole library in a playlist?

I find foobar2000 creates playlists perfectly with no need to edit afterwards. (I had a similar issue with PlaylistCreator so stopped using it.) Just drag the files you want into a new playlist, give it the name you want and choose Save Playlist making sure you save the file with an .m3u extension and in the folder you want.

You also have to tell Asset which folder your playlists are in in the Asset Advanced Features configuration.
asset

You can simply edit an .m3u file manually as well just using Notepad (or similar) if you don’t mind lots of typing. Again make sure your file has an .m3u extension. Here is an example:

It is simply a list of filenames. Just make sure you type the path relative to the folder where you have stored your playlist. In my case I have my playlist in the F:\ root and my music in the F:\Music\ folder.

Feel free to come back if you need any help.

Steve

Very much agree with + & - buttons for volume control on the app, often spend time trying to marginally adjust with the slider.
Am also disappointed by the poor quality artwork is displayed on Ipad mini screen. Seems like the app downsizes the images, as they appear much more clearly on the screen when viewed direct from the folder.

I think +/- volume controls would be better, especially on smaller devices (phones). It would be nice if it also included the numerical volume on all-in-one devices, as Roon and other brands of streamers do.

2 Likes

Now that the SU screen has completely packed in, I’d like to have the volume to be shown as a number on the app. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.