Naim app on a Windows platform

Hi,
As the new generation of PC’s is getting physical thinner, smaller and looks more like a Android or IOS tablet. The only difference is more or less the OS system, were most of the new generation PC tablets is running on Windows.
I can use the Tidal app and similar apps to stream audio on my different Naim objects like Uniti Nova and Mu-so, but it does not include all the functions as the Naim app.
So, for the near future, is there any chance, that the Naim app will be developed for an i.e. Windows 10 platform??

Regards

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to the Forums!

There is already a detailed discussion on the below thread re how Windows 11 will run Android Apps, including the Naim App.

From the other side of the fence, the latest Macs already do

1 Like

Yes - any Apple Mac with an M1 chip will run iOS Apps, including Naim.

1 Like

I’m on Mac rather than Windows, but I have recently acquired a MacBook Air which runs IOS apps including the Naim App. It’s now my favourite control point. I hope Windows users can enjoy the same experience soon.

Roger

2 Likes

We sort of can if we use Linn Kazoo :wink:

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I used to do. But I did need to use Bubble UPnP on a NAS to render the streamer OpenHome compliant. I still sometimes use Kazoo on the iMac in my study where the Atom sits on the same desk, but in the lounge I find the MacBook Air very convenient and silent as it has no fan.

Roger

Yes I still need to run BubbleUPnP on the NAS but I’m happy to do that because it means I can also stream from the NAS to a couple of Sonos speakers in the house. Support for proper NAS and UPnP servers is poor from the Sonos app

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.