Naim App on iOS doing my brain in

Appreciate the frustration with a wifi network that is not responding.
Worth mentioning, correctly working, app will be highly responsive.
Why it can be troublesome in some locations, can be down to a variety of factors, including internal construction and nearby networks.
In my case, room to room for any radio device - mobile phones, dec phones et al, struggle to work. Across two buildings using back haul WAPs with a number of streamers on wifi and wired, no issues, incidentally BT FFTC.

If you are struggling then consider the following - no need to ditch BT imho, but a change of wifi may be necessary. Try some of the wise thoughts above from Tony and others. If not successful then unless you are so inclined to d-i-y, have a good sparky install a few runs of Cat 5 cable to a few locations - include a bit of redundancy but start with perhaps two WAPs back hauled.
To keep wiring simple, Router (eventually you would disable its wifi), by patch cable to a small PoE (power over ethernet, so power via cat 5), then patch cables to each of the ethernet cables. Cables installed into the house. Relocating router may make cabling easier, depends on your home.
Install WAPs where it is easiest - sparky will advise, with a socket and short patch cable to each WAP. Ubiquiti is a make endorsed by many on the forum. Requires a little care to set up but, fairly straightforward and will give reliable results.

There have been a number of posts where peps are reluctant to install cables, yet almost any house can have cat 5 easily installed if the house has central heating, running water and internal bathroom(s) - that gives a professional a few options and the runs do not need to be by the shortest route.

Ultimately it is a choice, struggle with trying to get wireless disks to work if all the advice isnā€™t successful for you or if you desire a stable home network, the suggestion is there. Good luck.

Hi @BasicallySound ā€¦ the OPā€™s BT equipment is the SmartHub2 & its system specific extention disc. ā€œPairingā€ them is a doddle, designed to not require any user input other than connecting a tempory ethernet link.
Iā€™ve told him how to do it in a previous post. It really is very simplz.

1 Like

This will be a task carried out this week, Iā€™ll report on how it goes.

1 Like

ā€œSimplzā€, it may well be but, if it doesnā€™t work, then help is required and thatā€™s what we are all attempting to offer.

I wish @Oxfordian luck in getting to the bottom of all of this.

Help is always welcome and in my case gratefully received, and Iā€™ve learnt a lot from the comments that have been posted.

I have so many jobs on at the moment finding a few spare moments to start testing the suggestions has been difficult, but Iā€™ll get there asap, as an update disconnecting the extension disc is still working fine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.