Naim at the Bristol Show 2020

Looks as if the offer is via the show sponsors as it is printed along with other offers on the back of the show guide also included is the DAC V1 and Nap 100 if bought together.

1 Like

Ok, that makes sense I guess. I’ve never been to a HiFi show so hadn’t considered the sponsor angle.

A new 272 at 25% off is a great bargain I imagine?

1 Like

Also… there were a lot of journalists / bloggers etc at the show today. Whilst I was at the Naim room, I was sitting second row, in the middle and happened to be using Shazam to capture the playlist on my phone when a writer for ‘Hi-Fi Critic’ asked me to move my seat so that he could hear better… the guy really was a pompous ass.

I hope that not all audio people are equally so up themselves.

Being the easy going guy that I am - I complied.

Later I was talking to Jason Gould from Naim and I was thanking him for his excellent description of the effects and reason for the Naim upgrade path that was displayed in a recent YouTube video doing the rounds and again this ‘Hi-Fi Critic’ interrupted us mid conversation telling us that where we were standing, our voices could be heard and that we should refrain from talking. … some people huh?

Jason was in the middle of explaining to me how to tell the directionality of a Superlumia interconnect. Jason was disturbed by it. Here was me, a customer - having spent the thick end of ÂŁ30K of my own cash with Naim and a journalist just really acting superior. I think Jason felt pretty uncomfortable. Poor guy.

As if critical listening could ever be accomplished in an open room next to the pub during a show…

2 Likes

You must be a nice guy I’m afraid I wouldn’t have been so accommodating.

8 Likes

Oh yes, I’ve come across the cough “well respected” journo flouncing into the room and demanding the best seat…and later on, in a different room that same journo trying to get curry favour or baksheesh from the exhibiter.

3 Likes

Yes, wouldn’t get away with that sort of behavior down under.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of canceling my subscription. :thinking:

1 Like

Do you know which cable was used from the snaxo back to the nait? I have a sn1 feeding hicap snaxo ovator600s and selling one of the power amps and the sn1 would cover for a good part of the sn2 or sn3.

Sorry I don’t. That room was heavy on the setup voodoo.

Shame.

1 Like

XD-does that stand for X-tra Dollars?

1 Like

Darn it, I want one!

1 Like

No. It’s their mainstream now.

I am sure it is!

Should have just told him to piss off. Jumped up little nobody. I meet all sorts of top musicians and invariably they are lovely modest people. Yet a dullard who writes about hifi thinks they are important. Really?

7 Likes

I would not have moved and just said ‘actually I have paid for my ticket and you haven’t’ !

Didn’t get a chance to talk to the extremely knowledgeable Jason, but I had a good catch up with Mark Raggett.

2 Likes

Good for you for keeping your cool. Usually what comes around will go back around for folks like that who really don’t have a clue!

1 Like

It all sounds a bit like a self-regarding and pompous hifi journalist former forum member who, for whatever reason, decided to leave us and asked that his name isn’t mentioned here, so I won’t say who that might be (and anyway it may be someone else entirely)…

Thats a good guess…know the one