Naim at the Bristol Show 2020

30.2 40th Anniversary models have all gone now… though you might be lucky enough to get a pair at reduced price from Harbeth dealers if they have stock.

I thought that the “baby” active set up into the 707s sounded wonderful.

Credit to the Kudos guys for thinking outside the box and recognising that, for many, a standard active rig may well be too much (boxes and cash) and that there may be other, simpler, ways to try active.

Lovely to meet you @marka and thanks for all the posts.

4 Likes

These are on my long term wish list, along with a move to a property big enough for a dedicated music room. Sounded awesome when I heard a pair a few months ago. :sunglasses:

How were they running the ‘baby’ active system - SN3 handling treble and the 250 the bass ?

The 250 was on the treble and the Supernait on mid/bass.

3 Likes

Having seen and listened, I think this is one of those “use of English” moments.
“All new” as in it is not a third party component rebadged, but designed and built using the company principles of shielding, then “data-switch” as a component.
Release is a bit behind, they are now hoping for the end of March. Price is not set but targetted at £450 to £500.
The demo system had a Netgear switch, apparently retailing at £45, which then was replaced by the EE 8switch.

Agreed, probably the best sound I have heard in a Naim demo at this show, bearing in mind I am not a Naim owner.

What and no Fraim :scream:

3 Likes

I went in the room twice, found the bass to be boomy, the room not the system I think.

Holy Moly !!! I missed that :astonished:

1 Like

Thanks Richard - makes sense. Interesting approach.

Hi Dave, nice to meet you too. Those 707s were gorgeous weren’t they? Thanks for answering my questions about Superlumina :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think best sound for me was probably the Chord Electronics room if I’m honest. So much was right there. Most intriguing was the Kudos room. Those Titan 707 are really nice. Most wiz-bang was the Dynaudio - they probably had the best actual space for their demo and those Confidence 50s are pretty imposing - especially when you consider the system driving them - that said the cable dressing behind the scenes would have some members here apoplectic.

The little KEF LS50s impressed as well with good amplification - those could be giant killers in the stand-mount mini monitor world.

I asked the guys from Fyne audio about the Chord cabling - they were non-plused about the Sarum-T speaker cables.

2 Likes

272 on the way out then for sure.

Mine’s still here!

1 Like

Well, in fairness, the offer is only for the duration of the show, if bought at the show from the sponsoring retailer/ dealer. - Bit of a deal for a fantastic product - if you use Tidal / local UPnP / NAS.

1 Like

Mines not going anywhere.

2 Likes

Actually, who’s selling them? Are Naim selling direct? That would upset a few dealers I would have thought. Or will this offer be available through dealers too?

I’ve also noticed there’s quite a few products discounted online with some local dealers online.

1 Like

Given the sensitivities of the owner of this forum and the need to provide parity to dealers - I can’t say. Just suffice to say that the dealer is a headline sponsor of the Hifi show.
https://www.bristolshow.co.uk/

1 Like