Naim at the Bristol Show 2020

Focal are showing their new Dolby Atmos enabled Chora speakers, I wonder whose electronics they’ll use.

New Chord Epic Din ?

1 Like

@oscpercy thanks for your input, helpful. Sorry to other for diverting the thread.

The contrary ( the other side?) is different, because Focal use different electronics at shows, not always Naim.

They just added this to their website, along with the 2YU, which makes it usable with other DAC’s. It is Roon ready, can be used with batteries only, has USB, RCA, BNC and optical outputs. The combo is around £ 1500 pounds, might be a nice addition to my TT2/Mscaler. It also supports Tidal and Qobuz.

2 Likes

And has 4 TB micro storage capacity too. You will have a nice trio with the added 2go!
Perhaps it would be interesting to compare with Sonore, which are streaming devices and with the size of your Chords.

1 Like

What is 2YU for ?

A streamer for the Hugo2

1 Like

The 2Go on it’s own will only work with the Hugo 2. If you add the 2YU to it, you can use the combo with any DAC in the Chord lineup, or non-Chord DAC’s, including Naim.

3 Likes

They’ll likely use their own av amp the Astral (from their partnership with Storm).

1 Like

Thanks, for my occasional watching I use a 12 year old TV with no AV sound system, so these things pass me by.

Or a Music Burnby at £xx,xxx each.

:crazy_face:

A private demo with our leader, but Bristol …:thinking:

Yes, 4 X 5k if someone use 2X 555 dr . :tired_face:

Interesting concept… price notwithstanding.

Given how vastly superior Music Din-XLR’s are, a Chord Burndy would be sensational. I suspect, though, it’ll be something more mundane. A C~stream cable optimised for Naim streamers?

This just in from Naim. New Naim merchandise available at the show;

https://www.naimaudio.com/news/27860/naim-audio-merch

1 Like

Well, dern it, I was hoping for a new streamer/DAC…

The 372 T Shirt is really cool

2 Likes

The next time I go to Opera , I will wear one of these

7 Likes