Naim Box Aesthetics - (when) will the design change again?

Not sure I would agree - this is the latest integrated amp from new XR range. Looks modern to me

2 Likes

Just as fresh as the day it was launched:

6 Likes

A bit like the car industry, you never let the customer decide what is coming next, as they would just pick their favourite bits from the old versions.

Customers typically lack adequate vision.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Yup, that was my point. I feel the same with the Classic look from Naim too. However Cyrus has gone nearly three decades, even now with a slight refresh, for maybe another decade(s) or more?! :rofl:

1 Like

Very harsh :wink:

Wow, didn’t see the Aro on there, often thought about how good that would be!

1 Like

Managed to pick up an un-used one a few years back…love it…

looks and performs great, (and well built by Clive).

I think they all co-exist together pretty well.

9 Likes

It would be interesting to hear what the new i9-XR sounds like in comparison to other integrateds around the £3k mark.
Still using the same shell/chassis as the Cyrus III (1995) and all components since (apart from the One and the Lyric), albeit with a different finish.

I predict a change to the Classic casework, and a slimming down of the range. Give it 2 or 3 years.

** NOTE BENE not insider information, pure speculation **

2 Likes

Agreed … please no chrome :slightly_smiling_face:

Looks like an 80s Honda Civic car stereo.

I’m biased as I had an original Cyrus 2 !

These are my thoughts. Naim went from CB, to Olive and now to black boxes.

So it stands to reason at some point they will change the look of their boxes.

If you think they will look the same for eternity then I think you’re wrong.

If you look at the Core, Muso, Star, Atom, Nova and Statement you can see where they are going.

I think they might offer an exchange at a price of changing your current boxes to the newer style, when they come out.

This will be a big money spinner. They did this with CB to Olive boxes in the past.

Personally, I would like them to stick to the current syle for another 40 years. Will this happen though? Seriously?

Times change and so do box facades. What will the new boxes look like?

Appreciate everyone’s thoughts and concerns.

I have a mix of CB, Olive and black boxes. At some point hoping to end up with 552 and 500 and have all black boxes. Thereby loosing the CB 135s and Olive 82.

But, I do love the look of the old with the new. But sometimes I wished they all matches and would look neater. Perhaps we should embrace the changes and see what Naim comes up with?

4 Likes

I wonder (just speculating) if the much heralded 272 replacement will in effect be a Nova without the power amp but in the new styling.

2 Likes

Yep.

My best guess is that this will still be in the styling of the NDX2 … it needs to be combined with a power amp after all … but hey that my thought :slight_smile:

I imagine the Classic will move towards the Nova, Statement styling with the argument that the sound improves due to material used on the cases

1 Like

Well yes who knows but perhaps with a NAP 260DR in new styling?!