Naim boxes

I’ve always been lucky enough to keep all my boxes. Currently in the attic I have 19 Naim boxes including 2 for the SBL’s and 2 for my Credo speakers, plus 8 boxes for the Fraim and 2 boxes for the LP12 and its PSU.
I consider them essential for transporting items for repair/service, or added value if I ever sell anything on.
Don’t even get me started on all the camera gear, other non-Naim/Linn hifi, and so on.

1 Like

All of them are in a storage unit. I just consider that part of my living expenses. :slight_smile:

My house came with an enclosed plywood enclosure under the timber floor (about 2 x 2.4 x 1.5m high). It instantly conjured images of dodgy hostage takers when I first saw it, but it works a treat for the boxes (and no buried remains found to date). Probably fortunate that my speakers never had any boxes though, as they might not have fit.

You should see the boxes for my speakers in the basement of my house. They are wooden crates. I think I’ll save on a coffin and just be buried in one of those when the time comes.

2 Likes

Worst case scenario, you can purchase new boxes from Naim for a decent price, when needed.

My pre-loved Supernait came w/o the original box, so I purchased one recently, (as I’m going to sell it within the year, when I upgrade.)

I bet getting a new Naim box in the U.S. is expensive. One, they have to be imported from the UK, and two, Focal-Naim North America is in Canada.

I keep my boxes, and the outers for shipping too.

1 Like

I’m in Chicago. Price was decent.

1 Like

I’m surprised. Was it brand new? That can’t be cheap for them to bring boxes over.

Spot on,just loaded up my camera gear, too many boxes. Some equipment was duplicated, some too heavy.

Camera boxes are essential on a trade in.

My original LP12 box has been in the loft for so long I can’t remember. I expect its now not fit for purpose. The loft in the average 1930s house contains stuff sometimes better in a skip.
Some years ago, 10?, I asked my dealer the cost of a new box for the above. About £70.
Packaging in a pair of full size floor standers will not be cheap.

Fortunately I have a spare room which is able to squeeze all the boxes in there. Most of the boxes are not collapsed. If I don’t have the original boxes, they are mostly boxes of cables either misplaced somewhere in the house or thrown away by a family member during housekeeping.

If there is no room for the boxes (usually small apartment) either collapse or throw them away.

I purchased an ex dem 200dr from a Naim dealer 18 months ago, he couldn’t find the box when I collected it, no problem I will order one and get it send to you, after many emails still no box.
Can I order one directly from Naim and anyone know the current cost.

Customers cannot buy directly from Naim. You need to get your dealer to order one.

If it was sold ex dem with the box then you’ve already bought it. The dealer has already said they would order a replacement and send it to you - press the dealer to supply it ASAP. You would need to order a new box through them anyway.

1 Like

I have been pressing the dealer for the past 18 months but just keep getting excuses, so it’s pretty obvious to me he is not bothered, so where do I go from here.

You can either persuade your dealer, or order one from another dealer, but the box won’t be cheap.

If you’ve really tried your best and you’re still hitting a brick wall with the dealer then best email Naim for the attention of Jason Gould or Colin McLaren and explain the issue and ask whether they can provide some assistance in the matter.

1 Like

Not what you expect from a dealer who classes himself as one of the largest Naim dealers in the uk, I obviously haven’t spent enough with him to make ma a valued customer, pretty poor if you ask me.

2 Likes

Well, you can start by telling the Forum the shifty dealer’s name, so that potential customers know to avoid like the plague.

They’re clearly the type of dealer who, once they’ve trousered your folding, don’t give a rubber duck about continuing to provide a service.

Naim shouldn’t have such dreadful people as dealers.

Thanks Richard, I will email Naim direct and see if I can get this matter resolved.