Naim boxes

Hi Graham, I would like to but not sure if this is allowed on the forum.

I’d suggest that there is no value in naming the dealer here, especially when they have no right to reply. If you really feel you have exhausted the potential to ask your dealer nicely, then mailing Naim is the right thing. Washing one’s laundry in public is never a good look.

2 Likes

I really don’t see why not.

Obviously, don’t post anything defamatory.

The forum is not the place to air these sorts of grievances and disputes. It’s best handled by following the course of action I have suggested above. There are always two sides to every story, and as the dealer in question cannot put forward their side here then it’s fairest that they are not named.

1 Like

I have often praised my dealer(s) on this Forum, and I have often seen other Members do the same. So I don’t see why, if a dealer is not coming up to a standard, that cannot or should not be pointed out too.

The dealer has every right to come onto the Forum to explain why his (dissatisfied) customer is in the wrong.

It’s called natural justice where I come from.

2 Likes

This is the Naim Forum, not Twitter, thank goodness.

2 Likes

I have never used Twitter, so that means nothing to me.

1 Like

That … is very poor indeed, from a Naim dealer. @Richard.Dane has advised what to do. Hope you will do this - and maybe report back…?

(Naim could just send the OP a box…)

Does anyone have any idea what new boxes might cost. The chap earlier in the thread in America got his cheap. I thought I read in this forum that some was charged £400 for a box. I may have that wrong. It’s that charge that has made me worry about getting rid of them. Looks like collapsing and keeping internal foam is the way to go!

Dealer told me during install of my NAP 500 that a replacement box for the head unit was £600. Don’t know what the standard sized boxes are.

For a cardboard packing box? Or the aluminium casework!?

The box the head unit came in. One of his customers hadn’t kept his and had recently asked him to order a replacement.

Crikey, thank you. Expensive game this!

I bought a replacement box from the Canadian distributor a few years ago. Double boxed with foam inserts and even the plastic bag. It cost approximately $100 CDN. I hope they’re still available for that price as I plan to buy a couple if I sell on some old pieces. Like others I don’t have the space to store all the boxes. I’ve kept 4 but tossed 2 that were old and battered. I kept the labels with serial number though.

Could be totally wrong, but my recollection was £75 for a standard box e.g. for a hicap.

I have no idea what you are getting at. :wink:

Must thank Richard for advice regarding contacting Naim directly regarding a box for my 200dr.
I emailed marketing and their response was very speedy, gave them the necessary information they requested and have received an email letting me know that they will post out a new box asap.
Superb after sales service, well done Naim (James, thank you)first class and many thanks again Richard appreciate your assistance.

3 Likes

I refuse to believe that Naim could charge £600 for a cardboard box, even with all the packaging material.

For that price, I’d expect someone to come from Salisbury to help me pack the box carefully and then deliver it to Salisbury personally.

:scream:

That price sounds like its for a flight case.