Naim boxes

Does a 500 come in a cardboard box? Or is it some sort of flight case like the Statement?

EDIT: Google suggests a cardboard box with integrated handles and some neat foam inserts.

naim-nap-500-dr-power-amplifier

naim-nap-500-dr-power-amplifier-1

Nice but nothing like as impressive as the box for my Mac.

I bought three boxes for my ND555 system, originals got tossed by previous owner. It was about $130 per box through my dealer plus shipping. Not cheap, but worth the peace of mind.

$130 per box is still pretty steep, but it’s a heck of a lot better than £600. Someone must be having a laugh, suggesting those prices.

$130 a box. Wow. I have the most expensive makeshift garage ceiling in Australia :laughing:

Respectfully @graham55 I’ve only passed on what a dealer told me and haven’t verified that price with Naim. What I will be doing is keeping my box safe so I never need to find out personally whether he’s correct or not.

I try and keep most boxes but in a flat it is hard. Collapse and store under the sofa, bed, behind the desk whatever. But eventually that also fills up. When my Naim kit arrived, it was out of luck. I knew how much a full set of boxes costs and did the math. A year’s charges for a tiny 2m sq storage locker costs more than 7 Naim boxes including the shipping from UK to Japan. So yes, I chucked them all and bought new ones when I moved. It was cheaper than keeping them.

I was very pleased to see that Naim replaced my rather battered boxes when my amp came back from its service. Complete with new ‘original’ labels.

1 Like

That was very decent of them. Well done, Naim!

I keep all boxes. Small boxes can go in larger ones. Especially save speaker boxes. I have both an attic and basement. I’d suggest being creative. Maybe neighbors or family or friends could help.

Any Naim box that fits is better than no box, but having an all Olive era system, I prefer the original boxes. They are a tad smaller than the new ones, and they just look right. Verisimilitude and all that.

Boxes were/are the same size as the originals for my classic NAP300 amp, just new and less battered!

Ah, but battered boxes - except in cricket - are a sign of long membership of the Naim family.

Probably that the last owner battered them!
Perhaps they moved home a lot, or stored them in the garden shed?

I bought a new Apple Mac a couple of weeks ago (my ten year-old one had a completely dead battery and a messed up screen - and you’re right, their presentation really is second to none!

I’d say that Naim is not far behind, although I haven’t bought any new Naim stuff in yonks!

Yeah, if that’s the only thing being stored it likely doesn’t make sense. I store the boxes for every bit if electronic equipment, recording gear, my record flight cases… a lot of it I wouldn’t be able to just go and buy a new box for.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.