Naim Burndy What is it?

My ND555 is with Naim in Salisbury, as the system is shut down I snapped a pic of the Burndy at the NAC 252 end.

1 Like

isn’t any of them ive checked all of them side by side

Definitely for a NAC 252 then, i’ll contact naim support and see what they say

Thankyou for your responses everyone really appreciate the help :slight_smile:

I was just teasing a bit….some humour. Of course, I imagine that you will not start building a system by buying a burndy. But as I saw your profile which mentioned’ no system “, I made then this joke.

3 Likes

Yours looks different to @AndyP’s. If you look at the outer ring of pins, yours has a set of 5 and two pairs, whereas Andy’s has a set of 5, a set of 3 and a single, which is how the picture of the 252 socket is arranged.

The part number suggests it is the larger of the two Burndys that go between the NSC222 & NPX300.

Regards
Neil.

Though they say they found it in a box having forgotten about it. Unless they have a very, very short memory, something odd is going on.

The NPX 300 has 16 pins, if my new varifocals are working.

2 Likes

Maybe it isn’t a Naim Burndy? Is there anything specific on it that suggests it definitely is OEM?

They may not all be used at the same time though. There has to be compatibility with the old PSUs.

However, it does seem odd to find this Burndy cable in an old box of stuff - it’s only just been released!

Yes, assuming that one of the holes on the NPX300 doesn’t get a pin, the layout looks as though it should fit.
IMG_5152

But why would @ziillo have it?

1 Like

The back of the NSC has pins almost everywhere, and the set of used pins in the NSC isn’t 15 (well, there aren’t 15 described in the manual). If that helps X)

~Without posting an image, there are 15 pin burndys with the same pins from non Naim manufacturers. I can post an image of the one I found if it would help. Listed for the NAC252 in an article about the range on a magazine website~

Bah, nope, very sorry, they match the ones posted for the 252, not the OPs

Here is the pin configuration of the larger New Classic Burndy:

Looks like a match!

2 Likes

Awesome, I can now stop invoking my conspiracy theories X)

1 Like

Ah, but how come the OP has just discovered it in their house?

That’s your conspiracy theory, not mine :smiley:

It’s a complete mystery. This burndy has at maximum 3 or 4 months. The OP could not have forgotten it so quickly?

‘Had it for a while as part of a job lot’. Hmm.

It’s more likely an existing part that also fits the new classics. Neil does it appear in the bom for other units?