Naim CD Player Trade-in Offer, the details thread

Some of us use the Core with no disk at all!

You setup a NAS as the music store, very easy to do.

1 Like

Yep. Im not sure what the naim core brings over a NAS and poweramp to rip.

Been using Core since they came out upgraded the HDD to a Samsung SSD totally spent inspiration and so easy to use.

On the very odd occasion that it will not rip disc I use iTunes/Music then burn it onto a CD then rip the CD via the Core.

Very easy to install the internal SSD I have a 2TB hard drive connected to the USB at the rear set to automatically update any new rips.

SWMBO wanted one :laughing:

The other 1000’s of CD I ripped on PC using DBPoweramp, AccuRip checked, tagged with MusicBrainz

1 Like

What does ripping have to do with the trade in? We are getting very far afield for no good reason in my opinion.

1 Like

It is on topic, as the Uniti Core is part of the trade in options, which is ripping thingemajig.

1 Like

I think that is stretching things.

This was the literal question, so truly, it was on topic.

Indeed, and when I enquired and got a quote from Naim via my dealer several months ago, Naim will modify your original CDX2 to provide SPDIF output, as you other wise got in the later CDX2-2 variant however the analogue output then becomes permanently disabled. I have no idea what that designation then becomes… perhaps CDX2m ?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.