Naim Chrome Bumper

Please don’t get the pitchforks and firebrands out just yet!

1 Like

Maybe it was the same one! I can’t really remember, but I think it may have been sent in via Oranges & Lemons?

Regards
Neil.

Not Oranges and Lemons. I better not say who, don’t want to embarrass or upset my dealer. He is as much a friend as a shop keeper!

That’s a shame - I thought he may have been vindicated!! :innocent:

Where is Orange and Lemons?

South west London.

If it came from somewhere in the East of the country…

Long ago when I was young…

9 Likes

Oops not sure how those other pictures got there!

1 Like

Love the old pic of your room. When was that - mid 80s?

I still have a video for my first LP12 from about ‘89. In fact, it was listening to that again that pushed me down this vintage path. I thought, ‘Hang on, that deck was going something my Klimax LP12 isn’t ‘.

Superb Nait photo!

1 Like

Yep mid 80’s. Not ideal shelf for Sondek, soon improved. A bedsit, reasonably large main room with kitchen and bathroom off a small hall. Happy days. 42/110 and Kans. Before my fall and wandering in the dark for a few years without Naim.

1 Like

Not absolutely perfect - the back isn’t quite as clean, which is quite understandable.

This is my favorite thread in a long time. Will post some pictures soon: 32.5/hc/250 and CB Nait 2

1 Like

My 110. It’s not stock (won’t power a pre-amp anymore for example) but nicely rebuilt and when I asked my dealer about moving to a 100 he said don’t bother, my 110 is better. Can be a bit underpowered for my new Audio Physic Compacts, esp for lower volume listening, but never sound clipped. Using 25’ of Chord Rumor 2 and a Witch Hat DIN. Looking to either go up to a 160, 180 or 200 someday, or mono 110’s

11 Likes

The NAP110 is lovely - one of my favourite Naim amps. I love it so much, I have two - both are later units with longer case, IEC inlet and NA002s, but one is standard and the other was serviced by Naim and given the upgraded NAP140 supply.

2 Likes

Hello from Germany, sorry for my English.
I did not want to open a new thread and I’ll just ask here.
I have CB 32.5 / 250 / HC fullcervice by musicline Germany in 2018. I have source Linn lp12 and NDS / 555ps. what do you think, is it possible that 32.5 is too easy for NDS and that the SQ is limited? I understand that 252 / SC / 300 might fit much better to NDS but it is also question the price. I wanted to trade CB for 202/200 / HC / Napsc but I’m not sure if it would be a downgrade and not an upgrade. thanks and greetings from germany.

2 Likes

With a V1 this works very well. The V1 is a really good box. I have used similar config. Moving from a 110 will be challenging. The 160CB is in the same range of rendering. I don’t know about the 180 never tried.

1 Like

I have a 202/250/HC/NAPSC/V1 in my saloon, and i have done the direct comparison with a 32.5 (just swapping the pre-amp). Its just my opinion but in term of rendering they are not the same. The 32.5 is more transparent, spatialization is better, the 202 is more analytic, its probably go too much in the presentation but it lacks something. The 202 is a really good pre-amp, but i would have kept tyhe 32.5 is it was with a remote control. Moreover adding a NAPSC2 didn’t change something in the sounds, its really something not mandatory.

2 Likes

I would think that the 32.5/HiCap/250 is a better combination than the 202/HiCap/200.

The 32.5/HiCap/250 is probably not the ‘best’ choice for the NDS/555, but I would guess it was better than the 202/HiCap/200.

I base this on my experience of comparing the 282/200 with a 32.5/HiCap/250 using an nDAC (and Gyrodec) as source (I thought the older equipment was better)- in both cases I used a pair of SBLs.

3 Likes