Naim Chrome Bumper

Yup, and sadly prone to going brittle and cracking.

1 Like

I put those knobs on both of my 12s. The original knobs are in very good condition and I am storing them in the fridge to prevent deterioration. IMO they look better than the original knobs.

The 32 (non bolt down) in the photo also has original knobs and I might do the same and and replace them with aluminium ones to preserve the originals.

14 Likes

A bit contentious but just connected up a NAC42 to the 110. The 32.5/110 wasnā€™t really doing it for me, compared to the Nait, and this was a stone left unturned. Iā€™d had a 42 once before but stupidly sold it on. However, the ebay video I took kept reminding me it was a mistake. Anway, this is very nice. Iā€™ve bored many of you with a search for balance with CB / Olive gear, but this is spot on. Hereā€™s my hit list so far - in terms of balanced sound / pace and just sounding ā€˜rightā€™ somehow, like a well-honed integrated amp:

BD 12/160
CB 42/110
CB 62/HICAP/140
CB 32.5/HICAP/250
Olive 72/HICAP/250

Not owned all the early stuff, incl. NAC 22 / BD32 or NAP 120 / BD250 / 135.

2 Likes

Just to add to the list, not strictly cb, but hicap/82 in to a cb 140 is a very good combination. The 250 really isnā€™t needed.

1 Like

Thanks! Good to know. Iā€™ve not explored the Olive range beyond 72/HC/140/250/Nait2 and excluding a very tired 180 that desperately needed a service.

Iā€™ll qualify my 250 comment as I have a recently serviced 250 that I have tried. The speakers are a relatively difficult drive being the Spendor A5. They need the 140 as a minimum but the 250 adds very little at the volumes I use in a small room. A more demanding speaker in a large room may benefit from the 250 but I havenā€™t tested that.

2 Likes

Just had a big move around and the SBLs have moved into another room with the Nait 1.

And the Totem Mites are sat in the lounge waiting on something a little fuller:

23 Likes

IWC ā€“ are you using those NAC 32.5s dual-mono?

Hi

I have ended up using the AV2 as an 8 channel pre amp with LR looping via 32.5 / Supercap I drive each channel via mono 135ā€™s bi amount the fronts. I drive my subs via a 10x10 mini dsp, this is fed from the AV2 but in parallel to driving all the non sub channels (to avoid passing each speaker through a DSP)

Errrā€¦ I think I understandā€¦ Iā€™ve got two NAC 32.5s, and was considering running them dual-mono, wondering if thereā€™d be any advantage: I remember reading that one of the differences between the NAC 52 and 82 was that the 52 was a true ā€˜dual-monoā€™ designā€¦

Good luck setting the volume level on each channel with a dual 32.5 setup :flushed:

Bought a Lejonklou Slipsik 8 a few weeks ago from my dealer and have to say it works great with the LP12/VM95ML, CB amps and Kan 1s. I do think those MM phono cards were the weakest link in terms of musical enjoyment (even the 322/4). The 32.5/110 in particular are now a lot more tuneful with the Slipsik without losing very much of that CB rhythm and timing. Better clarity too of course. Very pleased.

7 Likes

Iā€™m thinking that with a certain amount of variation between units that this wouldnā€™t be a great idea but never actually tried it

I have remote control volume on both of them.

If itā€™s the US sourced boards Iā€™m thinking of, how do you know the level is the same on both. Thereā€™s no feedback of actual volume level ?

Ooohā€¦ your Lingo 2 has a green LED ā€“ Iā€™m officially jealousā€¦

:slight_smile:
I had no idea that most were red

I suppose I should get the 110 changed to green then

1 Like

Kit has assured me that the volume will be identical between the two NACs.

2 Likes

Good luck - Iā€™ll be interested how you get onšŸ¤ž

1 Like

Please respect and abide by forum rules. Thanks.