Naim Chrome Bumper

You sneaked that one in :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I think my response was taken down as it included comments about modifying. But I’d say try it and see if two 32.5’s are better than one a nice Supercap each would be awesome

1 Like

Blockquote
I have just added a pair of A 5s to my 250 Bd.

1 Like

Here’s my 42/Hicap/250 I’ve had forever. I am retiring it (or more likely moving it to another room) and updating to an active SBL Olive setup. One of the knobs broke so I made replacements. From aluminum.

Gregor

31 Likes

Those replacements are,imo better than originals, and give the units a much classier look and feel. You could/should market them.
Ps. Then make some to suit the olives. Cash waiting.

4 Likes

That works nicely! It reminds me of a friend’s 2005 Aston Martin when he got 3 of the plastic HVAC knobs replaced by aluminium ones. Looked much better.

Well, my custom, colour-coded XLR to DIN cables have arrived for the NAXO: Red, Green, Blue = Bass, Mid, Treble. Should avoid any unpleasant surprises when hooking it all up…

3 Likes

@TimD- AVOptions?

Nice work!!! I’d love to see them anodised in grey… that would be rather special…

No, just a very helpful and friendly eBay store that’s done other custom work for me in the past. Those cables cost… £20 each!!! Now, I’ve actually got to get around to connecting everything…

1 Like

I love and hate naim connections the AV2 has some very tricky to wire in with alternative cable, what cable did you use ?

Sorry , IWC – only just seen this… I did none of the wiring myself: cool-novelties on eBay made them up for me…

1 Like

Ahh thats good to know @Murmur. I have a SNAPS between my 12s and 160 and I am very pleased with it and it ain’t going anywhere! Unfortunately the 160 isn’t a BD but it is working well.

1 Like

Never tried a bolt down SNAPS but would like to, assuming that’s the type you have.

1 Like

Yes it is a bolt down, all original. It definitely made an improvement to my 12s.

2 Likes

I have the bolt down SNAPS that Darran described earlier. It is dual rail with twin out put capacitors and it really makes a dual rail NAC 12S a giant killer. Remember source first and the less complex CB sets don’t get in the way of the music!!

FF

2 Likes

Several years ago I have done similar stuff to restore broken buttons on Nait2 and NAP110 as this is impossible to find them easily. 3D print PETG.

16 Likes

Hi Folks,
What would be the best cable to connect a non-Naim preamp (with RCA sockets) to a NAP 110?

Assuming the non-Naim pre-amp has RCA Phono outputs then I would recommend a Naim or Chord Chrysalis 2 x RCA Phono to DIN4 interconnect.

1 Like

Thanks Richard