Naim design sketches

Love the first little nait 2.2 pic - maybe the Naim green logo just a little oversized for box

Bring it on Naim

1 Like

LOVE the CBā€¦ :+1:

1 Like

Placed my order already !!!

2 Likes

Love it! Iā€™ll take the 272.2.

1 Like

Although I really like the CB Nait 2.2 concept, Iā€™ve just realised that it could benefit from a mute button. That was always an unfortunate omission on the Nait 1.

1 Like

Yeti, excellent images visualising several of the concepts discussed on here and some new ideas.

I recently saw a video of Charlie Henderson in the Naim listening room, in part of which he was talking about this place. He confirmed that Naim watch the forum very carefully, particularly in relation to future needs/wants and new ideas. I can see them now huddled over their computers looking at this!

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t see any Olive versions?

2 Likes

Yeti,
I particularly like the CB Nait, it looks like a design classic already! I can imagine it being a perfect introduction to Naim and, as someone has already mentioned, could be upgraded by the addition of a HiCap for the pre-amp, and also a version (or two!) for the power amp, making it into a Sooper-Dooper Nait with a total cost of Ā£4000-5000? The power supplies could be hidden away, for those that like a clean look.

PS. If there was a matching streamer, it would be a complete system totalling Ā£8000? with all the power supplies. Thatā€™s got to be good for business!

2 Likes

My favourite is the 3 Statenait. Come on Naim, you can do it.

1 Like

We saw it here first!

1 Like

Quick n dirty mocked-up transport.

No buttons as all driven by the NAIM app. Network status would be embedded with the screen, maybe a small green / red icon in the top-right corner.

3 Likes

The balance knob is missingā€¦ :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

It doesnā€™t bother me. I havenā€™t one on my pre neither. Just adjust the speakers positions.

2 Likes

Can we have one with a turntable on top please and an Aro 2?

@Yetizone, can you transform this one into Naim ?

USB port is sooo 1995 :sunglasses:

Agreed - but if it wasnā€™t on someone would say ā€œwhere do I plug my USB inā€.

I think your post highlights two requirements here, one for a CB look and another for CB look plus musical performance in line with the original. Personally, Iā€™m not interested in a modern looking CB Nait if it only has the musicality of existing XS3 / SN3 amps. And I suspect that means a very stripped down and low powered unit with little in the way of features, such as hicap connectivity.

Iā€™m guessing just a CB look would suit most folks here based on the posts and be far more achevieable for Naim.

We need to move forward not backwards. A special edition cb Nait with modern internals I could go for but I donā€™t want the whole product range as yesterdays designs.

The half size statement lookalike for a 272 replacement though., that looks interesting.

1 Like

Intriguing, I have to admit that could be an interesting challenge incorporating all of the different era Naim cases in one design - could be really interesting or a colossal dogs dinner. When I get chance Iā€™ll see what I can come up with - this is a Naim fantasy ā€˜what could beā€™ thread after all, so may as well really go to extremes!