Naim design sketches

This morning I created a few Naim digital sketches / composites (showing my eldest Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator basics) and enjoyed thinking what could be - especially in terms of a potential retro Nait 2.2, a possible Hypernait and NAC-N 272 as well. Just for fun of course…

Nait 2.2 fantasy land - half width case (natch), 60 wpc, upgradable via HiCap, used as a pre amp & power amp for future Naim-Lego (similar to the Nait5). A couple of Chrome Bumper and Classic variations. Yes please!

*Update - Olive / Classic hybrids, and a Sugden inspired luminous orange variant…

Hypernait - three variations as to what a mega Naim integrated could look like, ready to compete with the likes of Vitus / Gryphon, and also a Statenait with a scaled down fascia placed Statement / Uniti volume control for rack mounting…

*Update - NAC-N 272.2 in and matching 235DR Monoblocks, in Classic livery…

And finally, a potential Statement / Uniti styled NAC-N 372 & NAP350DR power amp…

65 Likes

Think your last pic has nailed it

2 Likes

Very nice work Yeti, sign him up!

2 Likes

Great work. Some really good ideas there.

Nice :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking myself how cool it would be if Naim did a retro version of some of their gear like streamers or CD players that fans of the older designs could integrate visually into their systems. That first picture shows how well it could be done

3 Likes

The first pic of the CB Nait 2 with a mix of the classic, I would buy one tomorrow.

Good work on the illustrations

4 Likes

@charlie.henderson Hi, there’s plenty of time to make these a reality for the 50th anniversary, would you not agree?

4 Likes

Excellent !

1 Like

Love 1, 2 and 4 of the revised Nait Yeti.

I would like one now please!

1 Like

That’s really clever, almost like they are real. The Nait I’d like to see is the one you haven’t done - the case of the first with the controls of the third.

Of the Hypernaits the second looks super. The first is ungainly and the Statement style is an abomination.

As for the new 272, my money is on the Classic. The Uniti style is, well, best forgotten.

1 Like

Great work! The first image of the CB Classic Nait 2 is a winner. Like @HiFiman, I’d buy one tomorrow.

3 Likes

Very clever and great ideas… Naim will be watching :eyes:

1 Like

That’s the worst one, the rest are great, est the CB design.

1 Like

Just saying… get ready for the future

2 Likes

Can’t wait, that means the classic series as I know it now and where I shall stay = more accessible upgrades. :+1:t2:

I dunno how you could ditch green. The last uniti style 272.2 would work with that design but the lighting green.

1 Like

Nice ideas. Just a couple of them have buttons too close to the edge to be place-able in that location.

1 Like

The top one is my favourite. Looks really good. But it would need the sonics to back it up or no point. Much less power than a SN3 is fine but it would need to be a lot more fun, coherent and tuneful. Sorry Naim, but that’s how it is if you want my money for a new Nait of any description. I’d happily reserve a couple of grand if they will rise to the challenge but is it even possible nowadays?

1 Like

How about a white Naim logo rather than the green?

1 Like

Love the cb retro one I’d buy that tomorrow if it was real

1 Like

I’d buy this in a heartbeat.

5 Likes