Naim during the Coronavirus

All good reasons for Salisbury to be quite pro-active and open in communicating plans and updates to their distribution networks, not to mention their loyal customer base that sometimes spends large amounts of monies for acquiring such luxury products.

1 Like

Excellent idea, it’d be nice to know what’s on the horizon new products etc. It’ll keep a level of interest in these strange times.

1 Like

Yes, and unfortunately our lovely dealers are in a very vulnerable position, I expect.

I agree, Those who adapt with new ideas and ways of engaging with their customers will be likely to recover easier.

Exactly, those that just think things will be the same might just miss out.

1 Like

Good morning,

Another quick update from us all here in Salisbury. After a period of total factory shutdown, we are starting a phased return to production, implementing a controlled, distanced regime designed to ensure the safety of our expert workforce.

The welfare of our retailers and customers is also a prime concern. To make things even easier and safer, in the UK we are now able to ship directly from the Naim warehouse to your door. Please ask your retailer for this option when you place your order; they will still be able to offer support with installation and any post-purchase questions as usual. Many of our dedicated retailers worldwide are also offering direct shipping options for in-stock items.

We continue to offer you all our best wishes in these unprecedented times.

Thanks for your ongoing support through these unique times,

Charlie

21 Likes

Charlie, thanks for the update. That’s great news and I’m sure we all send everyone at Naim our best wishes and hope you all keep safe and well.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Charlie for the quick update and new accommodations. It is much appreciated. We wish you all the best at Naim Audio.

Hi Charlie, this is the sort of great news I like to hear on a Monday morning.

Best Regards to all at naim audio.

Dear Charlie, please make some statement about a replacement (or not) for the 272. We cant hang on much longer.

2 Likes

Thanks for above info, I hope it all works out well.

Can you advise any plans for repairs to be resumed,
Eg direct shipping to Naim etc

Thanks

CK

CK, I’ve just heard from Naim about servicing and repairs. The Service team are back in the Salisbury factory, under a new working system to ensure social distancing plus wider safety measures. They are prioritising the backlog of customer returns for the next two weeks; it’s expected they will be able to receive new service items from w/c 4th May, but that will need to be confirmed to dealers (and here) nearer the time, as they first need to better understand how the new working regime impacts on service turnaround times.

1 Like

Richard, thanks for quick update, I suspect that lockdown requirements may have to be eased a bit before ‘normal’ procedures can resume.

After playing all high quality high is not ‘essential’ :roll_eyes:

Cue for debate … maybe a new thread :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

CK

Congratulations on the ability to start to return to business! Keep everyone safe, first order.

Maybe not but most Naim employees probably feel that the company surviving so they still have jobs is essential.

Thanks Richard. Would you have a similar update from the production line as for addressing first the backlog of orders 2 or 3 months old?
Please refute CK’s assertion. High quality remains essential! It is at least as far as my 500 series order is concerned! Thanks -

Chag I don’t have that info. Probably best through your dealer or distributor.

Issue Richard, is that retailers still don’t seem to know. You appear to have contacts in Salisbury that could help to bring some more reinsurance.

Sorry Chag, I’m not based at the factory so I really don’t know. I would imagine that with some of Naim’s staff back at the factory as of today, the picture should become clearer this week and your dealer should be able to contact Naim to get a better idea of the status of their back-orders.

Dear Team Naim

I reckon there is a market out there for better looking and beefier amplifiers…

With VU meters and inbuilt Phono just like the vintage amps of yore.

I guess you know where I am pointing to.

Give it a thought.

Maybe someday we will see Naim in those clothes ??

Best regards