Naim equipment to car equivalents

In the wine thread , I (try to) convert the Unbelievers. :clown_face::innocent::wink:

It is many years since I have been in Portugal, sadly, but when I was in Vigo doing some marine biology, some of the local marine biologists (from the University) took me on a pub crawl down into Portugal, where the ‘pubs’ had huge casks of wine. One of the pubs had a really large barrel, sitting in the entrance porch. We had some of the wine and I have to say if I had the money and the means of transporting it I would have bought and taken it home. It was really good - no name that I could find, but it reminded me of Volnay. Years later I was in Lisbon, and bought some run-of-the-mill wine from a supermarket. Again, it was really good.

1 Like

Unfortunately I am of the opinion that,
( and reminding me the case of Japan and some - of the best- goods they produce, )
Wines in Portugal are for the internal market.

So , ideally , it’s preferable to come in loco for some vacations, and take the opportunity to try some… secrets well hidden.

:wink:

Touriga Nacional very good, must buy some.

2 Likes

Personally I prefer Alicante Bouschet, heavenly used in the Alentejo’s wine.

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

They certainly produced some wonderfully innovative and exciting cars- but ‘Lotus’ was also believed by many owners to stand for ‘lots of trouble, usually serious’

So possibly not a comparison Naim would be wholly thrilled by.

1 Like

Many years ago my local Naim dealer described the NAP250 as “the Porsche 911 of power amps,” which is to say a classic design - powerful, gutsy, idiosyncratic, characterful - yet not the last word in refinement.

1 Like

I think that you are right about that. But I think that is true of many countries’ produce. I bought some olive oil in Italy many years ago in an ordinary locally-owned supermarket. Quite the best olive oil I have tried - along with what was served in small restaurants for dipping your bread in. Even the so-called premium oils in Britain are poor relations.

1 Like

I am looking for this wine in New Zealand. Currently only finding it in blends with other grapes . Never mind Will gets some Portuguese blends to try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.