Naim firmware update for legacy streamers

So sorry that this is stressful for you.

Do you have a local Naim dealer whom could perform the update for you? Where are you based: let’s see if we can help.

3 Likes

Is it possible to PM you?

@Richard.Dane can sort something, yes.

1 Like

I can’t see a PM facility for him on this forum, so if I do an f.a.o. email to support, would that get through to him?

Thanks for your offer to help. It is much appreciated.

Richard will send you my email address - just drop me a mail and let’s see what we can do.

I have messaged you.

Not sure you want the email address for all to see

1 Like

Thanks, Richard. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Thank you, I had thought of that ok but the post has now been deleted or hidden .

I think Richard took care of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I think so. Good to know care is being taken by the Mods.
Michael

Yes, I removed it as it’s not safe to have your email address shown on a publicly viewable forum.

I have a Uniti ( Build 7133). Streamer Version 4.7.00. I have not updated to 4.8.00.
Yesterday I opened a Tidal HiFi ( CD quality) subscription. Using Naim App (5.22.3) iOS, I entered my Tidal login details and, to my astonishment, it works perfectly on iPhone and iPad.
I thought one had to update to 4.8.00 to login to Tidal ? Did the latest Naim App upgrade to 5.22.3 fix this or are the login problems laying dormant in the background, waiting to bite me in the backside at a later date !

I read earlier in this thread that the change to Tidal login is imminent but it has obviously not happened yet.

1 Like

Yes, TIDAL login change happens in two weeks’ time. We wanted people to have plenty of chance to do the Firmware 4.8 update, as it’s not a simple app-based update.

We’ll be sending out reminders again shortly re need to upgrade before TIDAL makes the switch.

Thanks for clarifying Clare & davidhendon. Much appreciated.
I thought it was too good to be true ! I will contact my local Naim dealer, Cymbiosis, tomorrow to see if they will carry out the update since I do not own a laptop ( Naim themselves carried out the previous update when the Uniti was returned to Salisbury for a minor repair 2 years ago ).
Best wishes.

1 Like

Hi Clare total doofus here. My superuniti is running 3.17 apparently. I am about to send it to you for a service. Will that include updating the software?

I can answer that from my own recent experience of my two SuperUnitis being serviced by Naim. A service does include putting it onto the latest firmware.

1 Like

Thank you!

My apologies in advance if this has been answered before or somewhere else. I run a SuperUniti, update to 4.8 was no issue at all. My questions are with regards to Tidal:

• Does the Superuniti support Tidal Hifi Plus or does this not provide any advatage in SQ? Means is Hifi the best I can get with my SuperUniti?

• As my version of the SuperUniti does not support Chromecast I cannot use Tidal Connect. Would any Chromecast dongle help? Are these available other than with USB, as I do not want to connact to the front USB hub?

• Or can I use a BT-dongle without loosing SQ?

Thank you and regards

Matthias.