Naim & Focal 10th Anniversary Edition

Are the monitors in Studio DMI powered by Naim?

1 Like

Not every Naim customer frequents the forum, and I doubt Focal-Naim have done this without some market research

Iā€™ve got some spare breeze blocks round the side of the house. I may pop a couple on the Isoblue for that anniversary vibe.

6 Likes

I think the speakers look good in an industrial design look.

The video on the page shows them off better.

They would fit in with a minimalist style house. Which probably wouldnā€™t have a multi box stereo, ironically

1 Like

Bit slipshod. I like silver gear (a lot) but the buttons and knobs donā€™t match. It looks like unfinished prototypes.

2 Likes

Just so people know what the breeze block edition looks likeā€¦

1 Like

That system needs an XPS DR to balance it.

Only available in black.

7 Likes

Until it comes out in grey

1 Like

I think most of us will be long gone by the time the Diamond Series arrives!

What was the general reaction when CB replaced Olive and Classic replaced that in turn?
(Not that I see this as a replacement).

I believe you can get a voucher code if you buy the system at Mulletsā€™rā€™Us.

1 Like

Youā€™re not planning to pass your kit on to your children then? Maybe a Naim-themed Viking funeral??

Wow!!!
Even though i am not a fan of silver color equipment, i have to admit that this rocks.

3 Likes

From memory the first move from Olive came with the 500. So it was much more than just a new finish to discuss.

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind them but think it is more likely that I will stick to black boxes.

The cynic in me just thinks it is a marketing ploy to get some column inches when there is no new product ready to announce, possibly due to supply chain issues.

2 Likes

I wonder what the dealers will make of this as they sit on a mountain of backorders they canā€™t fulfil until Naim deliver to them.

3 Likes

Surely itā€™s an April Fools thing released early. Shame Clare has gone - sheā€™d have put us straight.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised itā€™s not being done as part of the launch of the 372 or whatever itā€™s going to be called.

2 Likes

It is quite, ā€¦well grey isnā€™t it.

Scarily itā€™s real, Iā€™ve just received the email. Given that the NDX2 is taking months and months to be delivered, one has to wonder whether this unnecessary distraction will make those delays even worse. It will be interesting to see how many of these special editions are made, and whether getting them to customers will be as efficient as it was for Solstice. And thenā€¦ what happens if people want to add a power supply? It wonā€™t match. Maybe itā€™s not an issue in the real world but a bare NDX2 and Sopra 2s hardly make for a balanced system.

I really donā€™t like being negative, but it does seem a really, really stupid thing to do. It seems that there is nobody actually in charge at Naim, and it must surely be a case of some bright spark in St Etienne coming up with a bright idea - letā€™s make a concrete and tin speaker - and Naim having to jump. Itā€™s just bollocks.

23 Likes

Absolutely

3 Likes