Naim & Focal 10th Anniversary Edition

« And in Naim’s opinion it seemed best to go with gray at least for now »

How do you know the choice of the colour was made by Naim ?

Who is the guy ? A well known British comic actor maybe ?

Diametrically opposite of what Naim is all about then :rofl:

1 Like

Allo Allo :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t and had already edited to Naim/Focal while you posted.
My point was mainly that someone decided for gray and probably had their reasons even though ditton66 does not like gray

1 Like

The list is endless. There are/were so many funny people around present and departed

Well, the latest equipment added to Naim’s production department and capital kit register appears to have caused quite a stir (geddit?):

Of course, the mix will be a trade secret.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see what they come up with for the 16th and 22nd anniversary - but I don’t think the 17th will be my thing!

:exploding_head:

Ah ok, the famous uk humorous movie, that I have however never seen. But often heard about in our forum.

Jokes that don’t travel require Google. :thinking: :+1:t2:
Sorry.

This is an interesting discussion. I showed my wife the new 10th anniversary edition seeking her opinion. She loves it! “Can you change all those black things for these ones? It would be a lot nicer!”
All is a matter of perceptions.

2 Likes

Same here with my partner. She prefers the grey look over the black. Doubtless a good match with the “Elephant’s breath” paint and “Rhino’s tusk” carpet in her house.

5 Likes

Some might say

1 Like

Trophies from your safaris?

1 Like

The partner?

1 Like

Can’t see why naim wouldn’t offer all its gear in both finishes as its not that complicated to do.
I quite like the tin finish as it’s different, but then i also feel that a silver finish looks more top end than black does.
Obviously not sure what direction naim will be going for in the future, but it looks like it going down a different path to old, maybe its the only way to survive or maybe the new owners want to move it into a different segment that they feel is more profitable, maybe we will never see say a new 500 series amp or pre, or statement, as the market is too small and the predicted profits too low, but whatever naim feels it needs to do to keep alive, i guess it needs to do

2 Likes

Aaah…… Farrow & Ball colour names - that’s a whole different new thread Richard!

And Farrow & Ball colour no. 13 is……

Olive Green

Result! :laughing:

3 Likes

Could well be. The same model is used in high-end wristwatches. Many single brand “boutiques” are actually owned and run by a local jewelry store or a jewelry store chain. But some are company-owned. You won’t know unless you go in and ask.

Yes, they’re independent dealers who have committed to a dedicated Focal powered by Naim showroom.

1 Like