Naim & Focal 10th Anniversary Edition

The video makes it seem very Focal/France oriented, so maybe that is more the market. I wonder how many grey Naim boxes they would have to produce to make it economically viable.

I can think of other ways resources could have been allocated, given Naimā€™s current level of customer care.

1 Like

Upgrading my system now.

34 Likes

Letā€™s hope that components donā€™t get diverted to this new range to make it a successful launch for some marketing manager, rather than delivering on orders waiting to be completed.

I expect delays will increase for current orders while they prioritise sending out review and demo units in grey.

I think given the response to this announcement, she picked a good time to move on !

3 Likes

Iā€™ve also got the email, so I have to change my assumption that itā€™s an accidentally early posted April Fool. The concrete(!) sides must have an impact on the SQ of the Sopras. As the chassis of the black box series is a core part of the Naim physical isolation design, this is presumably a respray of the standard classic boxes, rather then a complete redesign in different material.

The negativity is very annoying.

5 Likes

It may be annoying but it is surely justified. At a time when a company cannot deliver products or respond to customer queries promptly it has to be an unnecessary distraction.

7 Likes

Anything that allows Naim to grow gets my vote.

5 Likes

They canā€™t supply DR units for regular long term loyal customers having major systems serviced but they can find them for alternatively coloured boxes. :rage: :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I wonder how long it is before we get the question - ā€˜I recently bought a Focal / Naim anniversary edition and am looking to improve it. I understand that the logical upgrade is a power supply for the NDX2 but my dealer tells me it only comes in black and therefore wonā€™t match visually. Iā€™ve just spent over Ā£30,000 on the equipment and am so disappointed itā€™s beyond wordsā€¦ā€™

3 Likes

Naim seem to have lost their way. A lot of products are ageing and competitors are, errr, competing. I would expect them to announce some new products, undelining their strategy going forward. The humming linear power supplies and, seemingly, endless options to add on more monolithic boxes - black or grey - just sucks.

This latest announcement does not look promising.

10 Likes

No one seems to have considered the opposite situation. I want to upgrade my black box Naim electronics - sorry, only grey is available now - thatā€™s our new colour.

Seems a matter of opinion, no? Why does it now just suck that Naim is what it is? I bought a complete Naim system a year ago precisely because it is what it is, and it doesnā€™t suck. There are other brands without PSs and without upgrades.

2 Likes

It could be worse, they could have matched their electronics to these.

4 Likes

This would be because this is clearly the anniversary edition. In any case, the switch to olive would have killed the internet if it had been in use

I would have loved these if I had liked the sound. What would be so bad about it if someone you donā€™t know had had the opportunity to buy orange boxes?

The Dutchman in me disagrees!

4 Likes

Anyone handy with Photoshop?!

Of course I realise that - I was only teasing the doom and gloom posters.