Naim Fraim - is it worth it really?

you can buy or make diy cable lifters

6 Likes

All the advice I got was to put the pre-amp above the network player on the brain side. You could well put the 282 on the top shelf of the brain rack. Thatā€™ll buy you a bit more clearance.

1 Like

I had it that way but for some reason I was getting RF interference in the phonostage (which I never had before adding in the XPS).

Right now it sounds great so Iā€™ll go with that for now.

Naim 3x level Fraim with medium legs, burndy hangs without touching the floor and walls.

A content 272/555DR/250DR owner :wink:

Please note bottom left under 250 is not a scratch on the shelf just a strand from the duster!

9 Likes

You really should look at getting dedicated mains. Those sockets may look nice but they really arenā€™t letting you get the best from your lovely electronics.

I have dedicated mains in the old listening room so I know what this brings to the electronics, hopefully within the next few months I will get round to it.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s that little thing, on the base shelf under the bit of cotton/whatever?

1 Like

Looks like the remote for the 272 to me.

1 Like

@andrewh

Ah. Yes could beā€¦I have no experience with a 272. It has a separate sensor? Tricky getting that out if it is the actual remoteā€¦(I would think)ā€¦then again, not too difficult I guess.

I had an advantage. Got one right next to me!

1 Like

Probably hiding it from the dog, all my past dogs love chewing on remotes.

1 Like

Whatā€™s been bugging me as I contemplate a nice fraim rack in cherry and black :slight_smile: is the science behind the Fraimā€¦

On one hand you have damping devices like the IsoAcoustics Orea (which I use) which isolate your equipment from micro vibrations, and on the other you have something like the Fraim which connects everything with steel and glass which on face value transmit all vibrations to all your equipmentā€¦ I canā€™t get my head around the apparent differences between both approaches.

1 Like

It is the 272 remote and itā€™s a nice little spot to hide it from the dogs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Initially I put the Fraim mentally in the corner of snake-oil, until I got deeper into it and started to understand what it could do. On installation in my house I couldnā€™t belief at first that just the rackā€¦, had such a big impact on my sound.

5 Likes

Me neither - but Iā€™m working my way through my collection of CDā€™s and Vinyl and hearing new stuff in virtually all of it. Itā€™s not new guitars in the mix but rather small details and timing clues that change your perception of what you are listening to. Remarkable really.

4 Likes

I was lucky/unlucky that I got the Fraim rack at the same time as my first set up (CDX/XPS2, 282/HC2/250.2/Allaes) back in 2005/06 so I never got to hear the benefit of the difference it makes.

I just know it was all a big step up from my Linn Axis, Arcam Alpha 6/Cyrus2/PSX, Linn Helix Iā€™d had since the early 90s and sat on 2 steel & wood Mana type standsThe TT, CD and amp from that set still live on in the hands of my brother in the law.

1 Like

In my humble experience^^
The Fraim is hard to beatā€¦
I have listened to too many other brands.
To coin a Phrase! Based on my earsā€¦
Fraim it!!

2 Likes

I went from a dining table, to a Sound Organisation table, to the full fat Fraim, it wasnā€™t the bang for buck iā€™d heard of, looks nice and i can tell people i have a Fraim.

7 Likes

Love your set up. Iā€™m very envious. :+1:

1 Like

Worthwhile upgrade? Iā€™ve got the powerline lites

1 Like