Naim Fraim - is it worth it really?

You’ve got my black boxes than my dealer. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

A bit late to the party with posts now close to 1500.
From late summer 2021 I had an O/S quote for a two tower 11/12 Fraim set up. My view of a collection of metal, glaas and other sundy items was really sceptical. Then the Dec 6th price rise made be think its now or never. So I placed my order for delivery last week, way out of the year end holidays. The stack of boxes turned up late last week. As tall as me at over 6 ft.
The existing set up has two power supplies for a CD555 and Superline/Cap and 552/500 with black boxes housed in an old record cabinet heavily modified. The 555 head unit and LP12 on dedicated wall shelves.
So I finished up with the 555 on top of one stack and the LP12 on the AudioTek wall shelf above.
At 77 no way was I going to build up all this which took a full day to construct and another long morning to plug and play.
The Fraim bits have no high tek look about them but they really do work to the overall system benefit and some. You will know all the obvious plus adjectives we use.

Wish I had done this earlier!

2 Likes

I regard dust as a status symbol. Don,t want to disturb my precious cargo!

3 Likes

:joy: :sweat_smile: lol

1 Like

Here’s a challenge. Say the same thing in 100 words or fewer. Since getting a Fraim, designed by Naim to get the best from their equipment, I’ve not had to think about system supports.

Agree.

I will try next round, Hungryhalibut.

Cheers

Reply to thread question :

A RESOUNDING YES!

With decent deep doses of respect for Roy George as well.

(Do I pass muster this round with flying colours, Hungry Halibut?) :sweat_smile::relaxed::thinking:

Cheers

Phil P

naimniac for life

Once the “DR” model of the Fraim appears we will all feel insecure again … and we will simply HAVE to upgrade … and the old one will sound “broken”.

4 Likes

Yeah, but Naim won’t upgrade it unless you also have a service done at the same time.

2 Likes

I’ll have to box all my stuff up soon and it’ll go in storage, possibly for as long as 18 months. A chore I’m certainly not looking forward too. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how best to pack and store the Fraim as unlike my boxes I don’t have the original packing.

And for what’s it worth, to answer the OPs original question imo the Fraim is worth it.

2 Likes

Never throw the Naim boxes away!

As you have the Fraim Lite and DIY glass shelves, I would use a large enough box and wrap each timber and glass shelf separately in corrugated cardboard and stack them in the larger box with cardboard or foam packing between each item and around the sides. For the bolts, cups etc, wrap each individually in tissue or loose bubble wrap (not sealed to allow it to breathe), with some of those little silicon moisture absorbers, put them in a smaller box and include them with the shelves in the bigger box.

Also take photos of the Fraim assembled and put the instructions (if you have them) in the box.

Them send it to me in New Zealand…

6 Likes

You idiot ha :+1::grinning:

1 Like

He doesn’t deserve to have them…

Well he is an Aussie :crazy_face:

Where are you going to store them Pete?

1 Like

First I’d like to call out the obvious racism towards us Aussies, I’m very offended. :rofl:

To answer the question probably were we’re living I’m certainly not putting my hi fi in storage.

2 Likes

LOL

2 Likes

Threading on really thin ice…… thin iced jest. :grimacing:

I’ll consider it if you let us win this years Bledisloe. :grin:

You’ve already won owning the Fraims, Pete. Cheers

Phil P

1 Like