Naim Fraim - is it worth it really?

When I sold my house here in Balmain (Birchgrove actually) I just left the fraimlites as is in my storage lock up but I had the boxes and bits for the fraims ( have them for fraimlites but couldn’t be bothered )

Some of them went to southern highlands and we just loaded them up in Harrys van/car with a few cardboard bits between them worked a treat

Actually Pete I have an Aussie passport / for along time

Thought I should do the right thing

1 Like

Awwwwwww…. :sunglasses::muscle:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

That’s definitely make it harder for me to get you deported. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ha but I haven’t told Pete the whole story

Got a kiwi passport too

It’s legal - I think

1 Like

Lol

I think I should try that…. Maybe marry someone who lives overseas and get dual citizenship…. :grimacing::sweat_smile::upside_down_face:

Excellent idea

My 12 Faim boxes, reduced to 11 on site were about 6’ tall. My dealer said nobody keeps these and collected tham after the install. I wouln’t reduce eveything back to how it arrived. Some old towels to separate the layers?

Bit off thread here

Ah yes dismantling and storing fraims

I think @Mike_S advice some lines up was excellent advice

2 Likes

My mind wanders from time to time. Sorry!

Shrink wrap them…… and if in an obsessive moment, then bubble wrap and store in a card board box - it’s what I do with almost anything I cherish which I wish to move.

True or ask Harry, im not even sure how you dismantle them

I would just leave as is ie: don’t try and dismantle the black side uprights

Leave each shelf as is

I am obviously going talk to Harry before touching it.

Probably best way Pete. Get a man in, especially if he is going to be putting it all back together in 18 mths, or however long you can hold out for.

It’s a doddle to dismantle. If you can build a house you can take a Fraim apart. Just use the Tommy bar to loosen the spikes on the levels, and the spanner to do the base. Take it completely apart, wrap the shelves and glass in blankets and put it in a box. Do similar for the legs and metal bits. It’s a piece of cake. People get terrified about setting up their own systems, it’s really odd.

7 Likes

It will be a dilemma for me when the time comes. I usually keep all my boxes esp for my Naim equipment as they go hand in hand.

12 Fraim boxes is plenty of precious space, as are speaker boxes and the like. Probably an exception not to keep these. :upside_down_face:

Yet we never know when plans change and I prefer having original packaging to keep them safe in any transit.

Yes… for me, it’s completely the opposite. A rite of passage. And just something I deeply enjoy. The more I grunt, the happier I am because the end result is always gratifying after the tweaking and tuning over weeks, sometimes months.

4 Likes

I’m hoping you’re right.

My experience in moving to Fraim from various other racks is that it was a clear step forwards in the musical integrity of the system. Everything just made more sense and was more involving to listen to. I would say that the imrovement gained is more fundamental than a black box upgrade.

4 Likes

Agreed @PhilP

I put my Fraim in storage last Aug to use a Quadraspire SVT single rack instead in my alcove a with matching turntable shelf above.

To cut to the chase, the turntable shelf didn’t work out (due to uneven wall) so I reassembled the Fraim at the weekend with Naim boxes duly installed. It took sometime to adjust the base to get it perfectly level but after that it was plain sailing!

I’m still amazed at the difference in SQ! Very happy with the performance of my system now. Definitely on par with a black box upgrade :+1:t3:

1 Like