Naim Fraim - is it worth it really?

Given our room configuration I really have to accommodate the other entertainment accoutrements in one zone. This recently acquired IKEA ‘Stockholm’ fits the hifi etc, the room, and the wallet.

Everything sounds just fine too.

G

24 Likes

That’s a pleasant looking room.

2 Likes

Thanks. Fortunately it’s pleasant sounding too!

G

2 Likes

My system was also great sounding on a cheapo Argos TV unit but when i added Fraim it made me realise how much I was missing. It’s a superb rack. No regrets here at all, regardless of it’s expensive layout. Even with headphones on I heard a vast improvement.

1 Like

Both my CD555 head unit and LP12 were on wall shelves. The boxes were hidden in a canabilised large record cabinet. The Naim price increase of last December made me decide it was now or never as I just wasn’t playing music plus a ton of dust.
The Fraim revitalised the whole set up including TV sound via the 552.
Its worth it.

2 Likes

I went to my dealer’s shop yesterday to check out the Naim Fraim in person. Ok, I want one!
It looks even better in person and is very well built. It’s not inexpensive, but I am most likely saving up for one. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, the drawback is that it is not that cheap, but I am surprised at its durability, especially since I move house quite a few times, not only from a town to another town, but also from one continent to another.

Maybe worth trawling through this whole thread Daniel, just so you know what to expect, for when you finally pull the trigger. There is some fantastic advice here - Richard’s “How To Build The Naim Fraim” in the Frequently Asked Questions section is well worth going through…

ATB

Thanks Stephen. I have read through the whole thread. Makes me want to get one even more!

1 Like

I am looking into buying a Fraim. I hope they are readily available and not lacking in parts.

I’m in the U.S. and it wasn’t that long ago that I was able to just order parts I needed to build a spare shelf into a complete Fraimlite level (long story otherwise).

2 Likes

I believe the Standard level at 105 mm is tall enough for classic series components (NDX2 and SN2)?

Yes it is. I have full Fraim with a base and 3x standard levels with practically the same system as your good self.

1 Like

Thanks Stephen.

The intermediate level will also clear a NAP500 head unit very nicely.

3 Likes

I just ordered a 4 shelf Fraim in tinted cherry! I should have it next week if all goes well.

5 Likes

That’s how I first read your post!

I immediately thought, ‘oh gawd, Naim’s marketing department have been at it again!’

3 Likes

Ha ha good one Nigel :+1:

Can’t see anything out of the Munich show of note as yet

Mind you bit slow here in down under

I’m holding out for the limited edition Hot Pink Mu-so 2. We want to replace a Qb2.

Jokinh aside I would upgrade my fraim if they came out with grey shelves or something more modern than the wood/black ash. Just satin black even. Black ash reminds me of cheap argos cd and cassette holders.