Naim in 2024 - what do you really really want?

I strongly suspect we’ll see the what is effectively the Nait 50 & Atom HE repackaged along with a few bells & whistles in to the NC livery to provide two shoebox units sitting under the 200 range

3 Likes

How about a new DBL speaker. Made with newer drivers but exactly same design and build as before.

3 Likes

Is 1973 (ea) a verified production number? Seems like they woulda sold out already.

Not unless it was made by Focal.

all these posts and nobody wants a…Zig A Zig Ahhhhh

4 Likes

How about a Really Super Nait SN5 with 150wpc

3 Likes

Like to have a Uniti above the NOVA. With increased Amp, Pre-Amp and also the Streamer. With additional PHONO Input (incl. power connection).

The biggest wish is a more logic and easier to handle webradio function… !
Then a direct Amazon Music Unlimited Connection.

1 Like

It would sound too good :thinking:

2 Likes

Given the times re waste/ shipping/ and repairs, how about a modular streamer/DAC/amp one or two box system…… as long as it had easy upgrades something along the lines of a Linn DSM edition?
Personally like many others I’d also like to see a much better higher level integrated amp.

Naim marketing may think more boxes is more profit but I think they are missing an obvious gap in their offering, and loosing custom as a result.

I also believe vast multi box offerings selling well will die off along with what is likely to be the largest current customer demographic.

3 Likes

I’m sure Naim would too, but those pesky laws of physics keep getting in the way.

The construction of the Statement, in which the transformers are mounted vertically and mechanically isolated to minimize electrical interference, gives you some idea of the lengths Naim would have to go to create a much higher level integrated amp.

Maybe Naim could offer a version of the Statement in which the preamp and the monoblocks are welded together. They could call it the Superdupernait.

1 Like

Sounds like something an update could accomplish; I can turn them off in the Naim App with my ND555.

2 Likes

They don’t seem to be an issue for Vitus, luxman or many other brands. These super integrated are popping up everywhere and getting very good reviews. I have owned a vitus 101 before and it is very much high end in sound.

5 Likes

But do they perform as well as or better than comparably priced multibox offerings from Naim? I can’t say, as I haven’t done the comparison, but if they do, @ChifChaf can grant his own wish by buying one of those models instead of multiple Naim boxes. And the market for multibox Naim amps will disappear.

But if they don’t, and you need multiple Naim boxes to get that level of performance, maybe it’s design constraints rather than profiteering that are keeping Naim from making an ultra high-performance integrated amp.

1 Like

I think Naim fumbled the ball there, with the addition of a simple analogue input on the DAC V1 (renaming it something else in the process ) , Too late now .

2 Likes

1,973 units is the number that Naim have publicised (in honour of the year that the first Nait unit was produced), but I don’t know how you would go about verifying that number.

I think they’re all individually numbered.

So if you’ve bought unit 1,974…

Yes, to my ears anyway. Vitus 101 is £17k I would put it at or above 252/300 level. Having said that, many on here will prefer the signature of Naim which is why we are here!

2 Likes

[quote=“Ryder35, post:260, topic:32314”]Vitus 101 is £17k I would put it at or above 252/300 level. Having said that, many on here will prefer the signature of Naim which is why we are
[/quote]

I may have mentioned earlier, there’s a chap on Wigwam who traded his 252/309 for a 101 and says it’s different but he’s not sure prefers it

Yes that would have been nice. Maybe they get a next try:

1 Like

Not individually numbered on the back or internally.

1 Like