Naim in 2024 - what do you really really want?

How much was a 252 SC 300 DR new?

I got mine on sale (and have never had a 300) so have no idea!

I beg to differ :grinning: Have you seen them up close? Out of the rack?

I do love the Classic series design, always thought they looked classy with no frills, understated, refined, expensive.

The New Classics are something else, imo they keep all those same characteristics but with a modern fresh feel that exudes quality, I know, going a bit over the top but when I lifted the first one out of its box and undid the wrapper I just sat there and looked at it for a while :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Googling is clearly a challenge for you, but I’m assuming you can add three numbers together!

No need to be snarky

4 Likes

Indeed, and no reason to be lazy.

Having a bad day?

Not at all, a very happy bunny. I just wondered why you just didn’t look it up for yourself. But now you know, so it’s all good.

1 Like

Well I doubt the Naim engineers wouldn’t be up to the challenge or the job.

Engineers from other companies haven’t been beaten by the “laws of physics” they have just been innovative and overcome the problems, producing some exceptional integrated amps.

I’m sure the Naim engineers could produce an exceptional integrated, marketing permitting…………

So like a “baker’s dozen” :grinning:

So if, as you put it, engineers from other companies haven’t been beaten by the “laws of physics”, why not just make your wish come true and buy one of the exceptional integrated amps they’ve created by being innovative and overcoming the problems posed by the laws of physics? If you believe that the Naim approach is just a cynical exercise in marketing, you can always take your custom elsewhere.

1 Like

@PaulDavies Not looking for an argument here, just my point of view, it’s not a narrow one.

My point being Naim could make a fantastic integrated if they choose to do so. The marketing people are those most likely to be holding this back. If you have a problem with this then that’s your prerogative of course. No need to be aggressive about it

8 Likes

i think they might do when they upgrade/change the Supernait. npx 300 (for the preamp stage) and a 200 series integrated would make sense

1 Like

What I would really really want to see in 2024 is a replacement of the Nait5si. Sound wise it should challenge the XS3 and be priced half the price of the latter.

2 Likes

Thats a dated price list isn’t it ?.
Much has happened in two years.

But what do I know ? - my last ever Naim item is purchased and ready for my retirement kit upstairs, its not on above pricelist.

I had to look up “snarky”

As they are now discontinued I think that is the last price list with them on

Aplologies, I was having a bad day🙂

2 Likes

September 2022, so just over one year. The subsequent price list was June 2023, by which time the 252 etc had been discontinued.

It’s my fault, I shouldn’t have been sarcastic. Sorry.

4 Likes

All good!

1 Like

Really? So what number are people quoting when they say ‘I’ve got unit xxxx?’