Naim mugs and other promotional items

You is not -

A cynical re-reading:

LINN Hi-Fi. You’ve never heard it? So good.

3 Likes

Modesty prevents me from showing a photograph of my Naim Polo shirt but here are two other items I’m proud of: poster and key fob.

![image|375x500](upload://3x9AZNZEP0gzJV9v8J8diY6tX1g.jpeg

7 Likes

Mine gets used nearly every day, since I broke my Southampton FC 125th Anniversary mug………

I’m not surprised that it didn’t sell well since it looks two sizes bigger than intended? Is there a secret compartment for the missing hands? :relaxed:

The perfect Naim coat. Long arms and short pockets. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You need deep pockets if you “buy into” the Naim ethos.

That’s so you can hide/transport the wads of cash that you will need when you visit your friendly Naim dealer

The version on the poster you mention is not mine…

Your are correct in that I did design and create the logo - which started as the naim CD label logo, however it has been tweaked by others over the years to arrive at the current ‘arch’ version.

Of course my original ‘full shape’ does still appear on the Classic range - front, centre and illuminated - and on the fraim badges.

1 Like

I understand your viewpoint, because I paid for my 552 in cash and my dealer was more than delighted with the wad that was hiding underneath my clothing (I was rather erect in appearance and I couldn’t unashamedly hide it: I was rather excited to be honest) :relaxed:

1 Like

That’s all very well, but for true believers there is only one Naim logo:

:laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

My Naim T-Shirt has shrunk…with age. Can it be serviced?

Yes it can.

You will find it needs new, much larger capacitors to give it more, er, capacity.

It will also sound better if you put it onto a much sturdier rack than you are currently using it on, as the current one wobbles too much and makes the whole experience less involving and more unnerving.

Many of these early ones have a front that has distorted over time and now bows out: this can be corrected by application of one vertical and three horizontal pieces of internal bracing, though these are self-applied and come in a six-pack.

It will also be better if the interconnects between the body and the arms are replaced with superlumina threads, as these ensure coherent phase coupling between the arms and stop that awful dad-dancing phenomena all too often found around older t-shirts.

A full service usually takes 4-6 weeks, and is a substantial financial undertaking: to do it they’ll want the shirt off your back…

6 Likes

At least it doesn’t need sticky tape to hold it in place………I like the fourth one down though.

Indeed it comes straight from the EU Trademark folks, so I assume it was “as submitted”.

I would love a decent Naim mug too – one for the home, and one for work where it would share duties with my Unicef mug bought about 20 years ago at UN headquarters.

Thank you for the clarification :relaxed:

1 Like

@Richard.Dane @Naim.Marketing can we have some mugs please?

Smaller ones called the muso, others sold in sets of three or four or six (with different versions of the logo across them?) as the standard, and then some big ones called the statements?

Or the bottoms could be shaped so that if you spilled anything out of them, they made a stain in the shape of the round ‘n’ or the ‘a’.

Seriously - I’m sure the forum and dealers would love them…

Or let me use the logo and I’ll source the mugs and sell them on here, profits to Birmingham Children’s Hospital charity fund, if you want.

2 Likes

Yeah I genuinely miss the paper version. I can’t be bothered looking at the online replacement.

I just found a Naim 272 mug online I might have to get.

zazzle dot com for those interested.

This is my favourite ‘aftermarket’ Naim mug (simply insert your Naim) :relaxed:
images.jpeg-17

1 Like

Yes, I agree with others, I’d love to be able to buy a Naim mug, or preferably a whole series!!

Is that official Naim sanctioned kit @Naim.Marketing ?

If you use the website mentioned - I won’t link - you’ll find quite a few Naim mugs. You’ll also see the company that designs them, Audiophile Dreamland, and will then find that they do dozens of mugs with products from many different companies. The SN2 is rather fetching, if you like that sort of thing.

They are very much unofficial, unless Naim have licensed the designs, which seems about 0% likely.

2 Likes