Naim NA 322 MM boards

Yes as the cables are terminated at one end with Naim nickel connectors.

I have now bought a 62/snaps/110 all CB with NA322/4 MM phono cards… thanks for all the suggestions and help and wit! Even got an olive NAT02 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations Nye, a well worth and good sounding set I bet. Would be highly intersted in hearing of how they sound aand maybe a comparision of 110 to 140 and SNAPs to HiCap.

To be honest, I had already thought of a CB tuner, but here in Austria nowadays all radio stations have already been banned from the cable network. If I hadn’t already switched to internet radio and DAB …

My NAT 02 is olive but in the UK there is still some decent FM radio…BBC R3 (classical music) or R4 for news etc and ClassicFM (which is commercial radio).

I doubt I will get the chance to compare a 110 to a 140 or a Hicap to the SNAPS…Nice if I could :slight_smile:

A lot does depend on the condition of each pre-amp, and most of us can’t manage to review two or three at the same time. So, generalising is a bit tricky. That said, at different points in time I’ve had Nac-42, Nac-62, Nac-32.5 and Nac-72 pre-amps. In my view the latter two are considerably better at bringing out the speed of Naim power amps, whereas the first two tend towards softer edges. As between the 32.5 and 72, both can be upgraded with better boards to a level that is quite superb. The 32.5 fits better with the all-black look of the classic and XS series of kit. The (later) 72 with integrated CD input is perhaps the best.

I also have a Nac-12 which was specially rebuilt for me at the Naim factory in Y2K to run as dual-rail into a HiCap or SuperCap, and as such it also takes different boards to ‘standard’ Nac-12 pre-amps.

Referring also to the neo-Graham Greene badinage, wasn’t the final message from the Almighty to the Universe ‘Sorry for all the inconvenience’ (D. Adams, ‘So Long and Thanks For All The Fish’?

Skyebridge

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.