Naim NAC 202 + NAP 200 + Hicap DR + NAPSC : is it good combination?

The Hicap is a heavy duty, dual rail power supply, decoupled by being in a separate box. It will sound better than using the single rail supply in the 200, although that still does a decent job.

2 Likes

Nobody said indefinitely. It’s just that there’s a sense of paranoia noticeable occasionally; where users could be simply enjoying their systems for what they are, and get them refreshed either when the units develop unworkable faults / or they feel inclined to treat themselves to a system upgrade. To “not buy a naim” because “who knows what might happen 10 years from now” … to me is paranoia.

2 Likes

I think if we buy this audio device including Naim, we need to pay attention to how the previous owner treated it (if we buy used goods), but anyway we enjoy the sound that comes out of our device without having to worry too much about the life of the parts of our device , I think the name of electronic goods can be shorter or longer life than the factory measurement, nothing is certain that a number of years must be serviced or not

2 Likes

thank you , that explanation help me so much

If you want to ignore Naim’s advice on this it’s up to you. I can tell you from personal experience that it can sometimes be an expensive mistake as well as resulting in a significantly reduced performance level.

4 Likes

so NAC-202+NAPSC + NAP-200 + HICAP DR is the BEST Configuration , isn’t it?

Yes, if you have space for the extra boxes it certainly performs better than the 202 powered by the 200, and the DR spec is an improvement too.

2 Likes

Maybe you could ask for a session without the HicapDR ? if that combo suit budget better. ?
Then you will probably have one box ready for service in say 5 years time as the 202 could possible wait.
I have one of the earlier 202 and it sounds very good, can’t hear any difference to another one which is 5 years younger.

It’s not about me or what I do … … but yes, safer to recommend that all kit gets serviced on time, according to the book. Don’t want anyone with a house fire blaming me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think burning houses down is too much of a risk……although tgat does bring back unfortunate memories of the strong smell of burning coming from a loudspeaker as it was fried with DC current.

Any excuse for an upgrade!

The seller wants sell in package , I can not buy partially

Ok, I thought that was possible as you asked for opinions on the combo without HCDR.

1 Like

oh, there’s another seller that sell NAC-202+NAPSC + NAP-200DR
but I prefer the one that sell NAC-202+NAPSC + NAP-200 + HICAP DR

sorry one thing, I nee to know about this configuration :cry:
NAC-200+NAPSC + NAP-200 + HICAP DR

do I still have to plug the power cord into the house electricity for the NAP-200?
if it’s NAPSC and HICAP DR, it’s definitely yes

Yes, the two extra power supplies only provide power to the 202 so the 200 will always need to be plugged in.

1 Like

You need three mains leads. Why not look for a Supernait 3. It would be so much easier. One mains lead. No service worries for over 10 years.

Yes, but NAP-200 itself still need to plugin into power outlet ?

Yes.

a few days theres no offer of SN3