Naim Olive

How about some pictures of the Olive range you either had or still have? Here’s something I had. A friend now has the 72/140 now with a Hi-Cap. He also had the CDI but that is back with me. The Flatcap is long gone. The Sondek too.

35 Likes

52 Supercap 135s, as you can tell from the ND555/555PSDR on the rack this is a recent picture. The 52/Supercap replaced an 82/HiCap last year, the 135s I bought second hand in 1989, they are 1984 CB models recased in Salisbury before I bought them.

25 Likes

72K/HiCap/250 all serviced recently. Asaka has been replaced by an ESCO Troika. CD3.5 is now gone.

21 Likes

The 72 when it was just in the house. Now has a rack, a hicap dr and a 200 instead of the 140.

Ultimately there will be a 250 or 2x135’s, an old LP12 and a nDac. The SBLS are already there.

18 Likes

19 Likes

So which one is Olive?

Richard can you remove these two comments as I seem to be the only one to see the mistaken extra photos?

I think I made a bad selection of images :joy:

I did the same in the Chrome Bumper thread.

31 Likes

What was going on under the LP12?

1 Like

Avid Isopuk

1 Like

My old system, but much has changed now

17 Likes

19 Likes

Still looking to get a proper Naim approved rack. Using a Symposium Segue isolation platform under the 102 and an IKEA bamboo chopping board under the 250. I had just sold my 180, looking for a nice serviced 82 with the POTS8.

Very nice system!

1 Like

My Naim Nac 62 olive

24 Likes

Last years Olive Mountain

And it’s grown since then with the addition of an nDAC (joined the dark side, I have) between the Sondek and the CDX. I now need mountaineering gear to put an record on the LP12. However, I have plans to remove the cupboard and bring the mountain down to more manageable levels, especially as I now need another XPS (for the nDAC).

Most of the boxes are easily recognised, but the bottom five are an XPS (for CDX), a couple of Supercaps (82 & SNAXO) and a couple of NAP250s.

25 Likes

Sorry, thought I’d hit reply to the opening post, but learned something else instead :grinning:

My current system: cds2/xps, 01, 52/supercap, 135’s driving my Kudos Titan T88’s
All boxes serviced by AV Options except 01
The 01 was CB converted by NANA to Olive - a total rebuild. My favorite source. System really sounds great. Not sure what black series would do better. Still would love a nap 500 since I have really big room. Staying pat for now
David

34 Likes