Naim Olive

My olive setup. I still need to add the glass platforms.

21 Likes

Lovely khan, lovely. If you are able to swap the top two boxes over, so that the pre-amp is nearer the camera in this photo, you may well hear a small improvement in sound quality. Better still, it’s free.

A similar swap worked for us, as it moved the sensitive pre-amp electronics even further away from the power supply’s transformer, which is directly behind its on/off button.

Best regards, BF

Hi BF,

Thanks for your advice and comments.

So initially that’s how I had it setup. But the Burndy cable then loops along with the digital PS cable as the connectors are too close by. This way round the Burndy and digital cable sit perfectly behind the rack going from one end to the other.

I will get my DAC back in a few weeks so I shall experiment which way sounds better.

Pic of my nap180 when the lights are out :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I had one 180 for years. Loved it paired with a 102 and a CDX2.

My first classic system.

Enjoy

1 Like

I love my nap180. It is only serviced at the end of last month, I waited patiently for at least 4 months for my amp to be recapped. Waited that long because of covid-19, so the technicians was not able to work on it thanks to lockdown.

1 Like

Olive Hi-Cap + Snaxo / brochure photograph

8 Likes

Uh huh, another Hicap photo and an unknown box underneath…seen 'em before…Should have had the SNAXO on top…

@suzywong Thanks for the dis-interest :roll_eyes:

I am sorry that - you don’t want to see another Hi-Cap photo, have seen them before, and the snaxo is in the wrong place for you!

This is the last in the set of the A4 brochure scans showing the Olive Boxes, that I have uploaded to this thread - which not everyone has seen.

14 Likes

Thanks Geoff. They all look fantastic!

1 Like

After seeing all the lovely Olive systems here seriously thinking about changing the Nait XS for a 72/140 combo

6 Likes

I built the “2nd op” on the preamp PCB in that Nait 3 in the bottom left picture!

Regards
Neil.

6 Likes

Olive overload! I have a spare Hicap since getting the Supercap today! I also got a Nat01 and 2 nap135 to replace the 250. Problem is to where to fit it in the rack (my own design)? With Olive green granit stone…

22 Likes

Looks like the Hicap’s been put to good use. Worth hanging onto.

1 Like

That’s the CD player I save pennies for these days.

Solid move SteveC

2 Likes

Hi @NeilS that’s amazing to hear ! :+1:

Love it! Will you get a hicap eventually?

Actually I see you have a hicap. Great system, lovely photos.

1 Like

Thanks - it sounds great with the P3 as my main source and all recently serviced so while be a while before it needs any attention hopefully :+1: