Naim Olive

As can the NAP200… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Murmur I used the 180 to power first a 62 then a 72 before getting a Hicap

2 Likes

I found the addition of a hicap very significant. 72/140 || 72/200 is ok, but once the hicap is added I feel home.

5 Likes

I would say that adding any Naim PS to a Naim Pre, is one of the most significant upgrades available… :astonished:

4 Likes

Definitely. Adding the Hicap between the 72/180 made a big difference. Luckily for me my wife noticed it straight away :joy:

4 Likes

Another quicky - the NAPSC for say an 82 - does that work like a Hi-Cap and feed the signal through it before forwarding the signal onto the power amp, or is it out-of-band so to speak?

1 Like

Nope. The NAPSC just powers the ‘digital’ circuits. Simple.

1 Like

Just love those NAC72-HC-NAP140…

4 Likes

Me too :heart_eyes:
Actually, it’s a lot of music making, from such small boxes.

Also, I would concur with some of the recent comments about adding a HC.
For what it’s worth, the 72+140 is a fine combination. But adding the HC makes a significant difference. So much so, it is challenging to revert back to what went before, without.

3 Likes

Just put the 140 back in for extended listening. It feels quite nice so far. Speakers are a bit too revealing I think, or demanding perhaps. But it’s good fun to test 82/HC/140. Speakers are Spendor D9. Sources are NDS/555PS DR and Gold Note Mediterraneo.

2 Likes

There you go. My 3rd system, currently being used by my son.
Oddly i have a 2nd system exactly the same being used by my daughter.

19 Likes

Nice!

72/Hi-Cap are here. 250 should arrive later today. The 72/Hi need a service. The olive Hi-Cap is an early one with H&F transformer. I think the 250 is too but will check.

Sounding good so far with a CB110.

Quick question - these 729 boards - what are they for? I don’t have anything similar in the 32.5 and wondered if I can remove them. I’m only using vinyl via 323 phono cards.

3 Likes

1992 was the last year of H&F… AFAIK…

729 boards - @Richard.Dane - ??

NA729 boards

1 Like

Keep the NA729 (time align input/buffer) boards in place.

2 Likes

Tx,
I didn’t explain myself very well but seems you understood - I just thought that perhaps they only impacted line inputs to a digital source but obviously not

250 is delayed now - didn’t have the 3-to-4 pin cable with it :frowning:

Surprised how much I’m liking this 72/Hi though. I expected it to do the HiFi stuff better but really enjoying the music too - best I’ve had with a Hi-Cap - normally prefer them driven straight off the power amp. I had 72/140 in the past but really didn’t get on with it - too in your face, fast and also a bit muddy sounding. This is great though.

2 Likes

The DIN4 to XLR lead…?

Maybe xlr. Defo 3 pin

1 Like