Naim Olive

Yes, that’s been the same for years now.

I have a special pair mind you. :wink:
I won on an auction and I was one of 3 very willing bidders last year.

1 Like

Yes, see what someone is prepared to pay for them. I sold an 82 recently and didn’t get what I wanted for it. It was a very fine 82 indeed :wink:

The new owner is very lucky. It was very well looked after.

I put it on the price I wanted for it and dropped it each month until it was sold. With ebay fees, you always loose money on it.

Anyway it’s sold now.

1 Like

I did enjoy the 82. I had it paired to an Olive supercap. When it comes to value for money its right up there.

3 Likes

Do you know if the olive and chrome bumper 135s sound the same? I know the internals are the same but just wondering.

1 Like

I believe the CB 135s have Holden and Fischer transformers which are meant to be better.

I don’t think there’s anything in it.

2 Likes

Mine are sublime. Absolutely love my CB 135s. And they look really cool.

2 Likes

I agree. I also love the look of chrome bumper gear. I have a strong desire for the original nait but again where would I put it? Lol

I should just begin collecting hifi gear that I like. :grin:

2 Likes

Be warned………you will end up with five or six systems……as in:
Active Sibbles
Aktiv Briks
Meridian DSP surround on the TV
Naim-Meridian-Linn in my wife’s system (CD3.5 in Salisbury for repair)
Denon-QAcoustics in the kitchen
Meridian 200, 263 & M2 actives on loan to Daughter #2

And a pair of Meridian M20 actives back from repair, more Meridian kit (200, 203, 562V, 518, 565z3, M3 actives) and NAC102-FC-NAXO, all sitting around taking up space.

We’re running out of room for my Lego and S.’s knitting machines……and cats!

10 Likes

I still enjoy my recently serviced one, it is a stunning piece of kit. True definition of “Built like a tank” famous expression.

10 Likes

I personally think the CB and Olive gear is built better than OC gear. It doesn’t go wrong unless you have the CD players. The amps are built to last and they do. You can’t really go far wrong with this CB and Olive kit. Plus you have the nostalgia of having something 20 or 30 years old which serviced is as good as new.

This is why I have CB 135s and 52, CDS2. They are probably my favourites and the LP12. They really mean something to me.

9 Likes

It’s quite simple. It is maintainable. Minimal obsolescence and as long as Class A exists, all available at a resonable cost. Love my Olive.

3 Likes

Wait for a weekend when they do a 70% or 80% off final selling fees before you list your item.

1 Like

I have Holden & Fischer transformers in my 135s, which were originally chrome bumper and were cased in olive long before I bought them.

Do you know why people say those are better transformers?

Apparently they are slightly heavier and were more expensive than what they put in the Olive boxes.

Note I say apparently! I may be proved wrong. But when I did my research on buying 135s this was one of the reasons why I bought CB 135s.

3 Likes

I bought a 42-5 recently just to have on display….

10 Likes

Now that is dedicated👍

1 Like

Collecting naim hifi. Welcome to the club :laughing:
I have 8 naim boxes unused in storage or display only …
E.g. nait 1 and 2 CB. Someday I will have room for more systems :joy:

3 Likes

Gratuitous Friday evening Olive shot …

22 Likes

Sacrilege…

Play the darned thing !!!

You will be flogged to within an inch of your life, with a wet haddock…

(In a Pythonesque voice…).

Yeah, but that’s a chrome bumper 42.5…this is an olive thread.

Edit: I concede, there is a Headline lurking at the back.

1 Like