Naim on delay with equipment delivery

Many thanks for the info Clare… :+1:t2:

I’ve clearly been really lucky then. Enquired about an ND555 on 24th May, picked brand new one up on 28th May! :+1:

Sorry to hear about lots of other people who’ve been experiencing long waits :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Well…so I’m babying the Nova until my NAC A5 cables come Monday. As is I can sneak up to 60+ for a short time. 70 and over gets hot quickly so that is out. I’ve only had it overheat the one time. All that said…sheesh. At 44 it sounds incredible. But…since I do drive the unit…does that mean I really do need an NDX2 and SN2?

…a few years back when I had a NDX and SN 2 and came home on a Friday afternoon from work and was a bit manic. I started driving my SN 2 at about 12 Noon on the volume dial. Usually 8 to 10 o’clock on the dial was my normal listening range and 10 is loud. Well at 12 noon 1/2 way through the second album and the thermal switch shut the SN 2 down. It was usable about 20 or so minutes later but kept the volume down after that. I don’t think I pushed it beyond 11:00 o’clock after that and only for short periods of time.

I mention that since I don’t know what you mean by ‘drive the unit’ and you go with a SuperNait 2 or 3 you may want to home demo and ‘drive the unit’ in your environment to make sure it meets your requirements.

btw - I have always had NAC A5 with my Naim amps.

1 Like

So…I could overheat the SN 3 also is what your are saying. And a unit with more power than that is getting into…lol…serious expenditure territory! Lol…Well…this in a way settles me down and makes me believe the Nova will be fine. I’m at 49 right now listening to this: (recommend)

and it’s plenty loud. And not very hot. That’s a thing too; if I do crank it for a song, I keep going to see how hot it feels. It heats up really fast, but also cools back down surprisingly quickly. As in if I crank it to 60+ for a song it gets really hot. But I turn down to 40ish and the temp drops rapidly.

Digital electronics tend to run quite hot (even in standby) so having the source and amp in separate boxes will help if you’re working them hard (which you evidently are!!) so it should help, as would a separate power amp running off your Nova if you don’t want the expense of an NDX2. I guess it depends if you have future plans for upgrading your system.

2 Likes

As promised, i checked! We’re legally still not able to comment on the NZ situation at all, but i’m told this will change in coming weeks. As soon as I can say more, i’ll be back. In the meantime, rest assured we’re on the case…

4 Likes

Thanks for the update Claire, I much appreciate that and look forward very much to finishing off the 252 upgrade. In the meantime I will keep enjoying it with the SN2 as a power amp, which is hardly slumming it.

1 Like

Not industy-specific, but this news story summarises the wide array of shortages at moment

2 Likes

@Naim.Marketing any chance you’ve heard the Choras with any of the old Uniti range. Thinking of picking up a a pair of 806s to go with a preowned Uniti2 for my kitchen!

No, I have only heard them with current Uniti. They’re easy to drive, though - give them a listen!

1 Like

Hi did you get your 555ps yet if so how long did it take.

Ordered mine on 4/1 and arrived on 24/4. Now decided to get ND555 to replace NDX2. Cannot wait.

Yes - it arrived out of the blue at the end of March after ordering at the beginning of December.

Reason why I asked i have a 555ps on order with no apparent delivery date. Anyway how are you getting on with it.

Very well, thanks. As usual with these things, once they arrive the troubles are quickly forgotten- well, almost.

:+1:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.