Naim on delay with equipment delivery

I’m still waiting for my 555PS after ordering early December. It’s a bit frustrating that they don’t even seem to be able to give me, or my dealer, an idea of the delivery date nearly 3 months after the order was placed. I just keep being told “soon”.
It’s very much a first world problem though - given what’s going on at the moment.

My dealer took a risk nine months ago based on forward predictions. Smartly he was ordering certain items such as ndx2 in multiples of 10. So that when a customer rocks up, bang, it’s in stock. Now, whether he was ordering 500 series stuff the same way, I don’t know. But he had a number of dr based items in stock when I asked recently.
In many ways it helps him and Naim. As to whether dealers were able to afford stocking like this I don’t know.
His reason was simple. COVID. He recognised last July that we’d still be playing COVID post Xmas 2020 and not clear until Easter 2021. The demand he was seeing was unprecedented. Second hand items selling for more than new at one point. It does mean though that haggling takes longer than it used to!

1 Like

My dealer had also pre ordered and, when I finally took the decision to get the NDX2 and SN3 on a Wednesday, he astonished me by saying he could deliver on the Friday.

1 Like

This is the latest on wait times I have seen, but as many reported on that thread, some have been waiting longer. There are a number of factors at play including part delays (due to COVID), the factory needing to operate in a COVID safe manner as well as just the pure amount of orders received because people locked down at home have turned to music and upgraded their systems.
I have a new NAC 282 on back order from before Christmas, so way past the 6 weeks indicated above, so if time’s an issue for you, you may wish to see if you can get a better idea of the delivery from your dealer or distributor?

2 Likes

Oops, wrong thread!

Seems to be appropriate for the thread. Would you like your post moved somewhere else?

Lots of interest in there - but I wonder if the 555PS is classed as a Streamer or part of the 500 Series. Clearly a material difference between the two leadtimes!

I know what I want it to be, but I also know what I think is more likely! :thinking::confounded:

Thanks Richard.
I was copying from this thread to another that’s popped up on delivery times. I did it already, but happy for you to delete this one.
Thanks!

I waited about 9 weeks for a Muso 2 ordered through my local HiFi shop. The shop kept me informed throughout as the delivery date changed about 3 times in this period. In fairness the period did include Christmas.

Ah Damiano, you will be fine. I am waiting for my nd5xs2 for a couple of months now. Nothing compared to the new piano we ordered in August and is still in transit. Can’t even remember the color of it (black). :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi.
Been waiting 6 weeks for a XPS DR, informed today by my dealer, after speaking to Naim, that “they are short of the DR regulators. It’s not going to be this month is all they would say”
Oh well, all good things come to those who wait.
Time to knit more fur balls for my pot cats. :grinning:

UPDATE. It arrived on March the 26th. It was well worth the wait.

3 Likes

Finally got my nap200dr today :grin: although it was almost 4 months. It was worth the wait :metal::metal:

10 Likes

I am now 3 1/2 months into a wait for a SCap DR. Starting to wonder if it will arrive at all but it seems that by posting here items have magically appeared. So here goes!

Bruce

I’m evaluating to order a new NDX2 but I’m a bit worried by these long delivery terms.

I think especially an issue with DR components, but best ask your dealer.

I was told today they cannot give a date on 555ps which is now 3 months on order. Naim need to do a better job of managing expectations before people start cancelling. Appreciate Covid challenges but this is not a new thing now and Naim must have a significant amount of product backed up.

I’ve no doubt that due to Covid 19 and the UK’s revised international trading relationships, there are supply line issues and production issues in Salisbury.

Most of us expect such issues at the moment and can usually cope.

But Naim really do need to manage customer expectations.

By all means continue taking orders, and payment up front if that’s the deal, but for heaven’s sake, provide customers (and the retailer network) with realistic delivery dates. And if unforeseen delays materialise, be pro-active and tell people, with the option of cancelling etc.

2 Likes

The delivery of my 555PS was a shambles. There were numerous missed deadlines and getting any information from Naim was like pulling teeth.

After 3 months I was finally told it would be another month which wasn’t great but understandable given the circumstances. One week later I was told that it was arriving that day - obviously good news but still shambolic and it suggests that they have no idea when these very expensive boxes are leaving their factory.

This purchase was a big deal for me but it left a bit of a sour taste with all of the mis-information and being left in the dark; I will certainly think twice about buying new in the future.

I think your dealer should be asked some questions, as well. My dealer carries a decent stock at their expense. They have what you wanted in stock, including 300’s, 500’s etc…its about planning your business. They have even managed to shift Statement amps, because they had them.

I couldn’t have asked any more from my dealer - I was very happy with the service I got from them. I could have bought an ex-demo 555 at the time and I would have if I’d known about the impending shambles - but by the time I was being messed about the stocks had gone.

2 Likes