Naim on delay with equipment delivery

I’ve been waiting on a new nap200dr since December 2 over 3 months now. I sure hope it’s not much longer. Something that is supposed to bring me joy is now getting on my nerves. I’m trying to be patient, but it’s starting to feel like it’s never going to show up😔

It is what it is and no one is immune.

• I waited 5 months for a Luxman amp because the Slovakian tube maker was on lockdown.
  • I waited 3 months for a Quadraspire LP rack because there is a shortage of the right kind of glass. Eventually they gave up and redesigned the product with metal dividers.
  • I waited 3 months for spare server parts for work.
  • 4 months for a new laptop due to Covid production delays.
  • Waited 3 months for spare Naim parts back during the first UK lockdown. They sat on my dealer’s living room floor for the whole time because air freight was greatly diminished at the time.
  • Waiting months for a part from China which is sitting in an airport warehouse waiting for there to be enough freight to justify a cargo flight.

Some suppliers are on 24 month backorder. We just have to deal with it. It is what it is.

3 Likes

Hi Sandman

It appears from what I have heard that the problem relates specifically to DR module parts.

Most recent information I have had from my dealer is that Naim were expecting a batch on Monday of this week (1st March).

Where we are in the queue is another issue.

I waited 2 weeks for my cd player. which is not bad.

I purchased my tv before christmas at my local currys. it came in 4 days. with a 5 year
guarantee. and the salesman was helpful.

I’ve been waiting 5 weeks for an ND555 that I was told would be with me in 3 when I ordered.

It’s not so bad as I had one for home demo in December and I’ve still got it !!

1 Like

Is it just the 555 you’re waiting for, or have you ordered a power supply too? …it’s the DR components I’m hearing are the most impacted by delays.

I’m waiting for the power supplies - well into April I’m told.

Just the ND555. I’ve already got the power supply fortunately.

When I ordered it was told is was 12 weeks with the power supply and 3 weeks without.

I thought there was a DR component in the ND555 ?

Don’t think so - just the power supplies. I stand to be corrected!

Oh - and can’t reply to you without saying that when it comes to the other Bury FC - every football fan feels your pain :pleading_face:

I’ve been waiting for one non-Naim rack level since the beginning of November. Not even a full level, just the wooden board in fact. Things are difficult

From Naim’s website

“ Naim’s renowned DR regulator technology, as used in our range of amplifiers and power supplies, makes its first appearance in a network player, providing ultra-pure DC voltage to the sensitive audio circuitry in the ND 555.”

Thanks for your thoughts on Bury FC. It was a bit of a nightmare and it’s still ongoing.

Well there you go…! :blush:

Why would you need regulation inside the nd555 if its already supplied with noise free/regulated dc?

Just over six weeks for my new Fraim, which i thought was very good. Looks good too. :hugs:

That’s what I don’t get - but there it is :point_up_2:t2: in black and white.

Was the 555PS the first Power Supply to be DR’d and this is a hangover from that? …as in its talking about the two boxes as a single entity. Dunno :man_shrugging:

Just looking at the ND555 white paper it sounds like it the DR modules improve the power supply to the DAC board to further reduce noise.

There is more detail in that document if your interested but I have to confess it doesn’t mean much to me

1 Like

Tants…

Tantrums…? :thinking:

I’m assuming it’s an autocorrect of thanks, rather than a reference to capacitors. Or tantrums.

1 Like

I ordered a Hicap and was told 3-4 weeks but so far I have been waiting for 5 weeks. Hopefully Naim have already got the DR parts and start to work on everything now