Naim owners Artwork

RAF Barnham, where Blue Danube was stored and maintained.

8 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like

Remember those fights brutal

1 Like

Just re-hung a picture after recently decorating the room.
A landscape print purchased from the Teign Art Centre in Teignmouth, almost 40 years ago.
My photo doesn’t do it justice, but i really like the way the light from the nearby table-lamp brings out the colours and definition.

K J Messer (1931-2018)

11 Likes

Love it, I think you like Henk Helmantel too.

Yes I do!

Very nice!

1 Like

We keep it simple.

5 Likes

Went to the immersive Hockney thing in Kings Cross earlier, actually quite good and enjoyed it. Worth a go.

Unlike the attempt at something similar for Dali in Brick Lane which is a pile of poo.

6 Likes

Jamiewednesday,

Pete the Painter and I have been having a chat about similar matters over on The Grand Cafe.

I recently saw the Van Gogh immersive experience when visiting Belfast and enjoyed it a lot. I’m hoping to see the Hockney event in April and I’m glad that you are able to recommend it.

The Dali version is on in Bordeaux, not too far away from me, but I’m sorry that you didn’t like it. I was hoping that it might be quite entertaining, with, I believe, a Pink Floyd soundtrack.

Best wishes,
Brian D.

Not bad for a heavy smoking Octogenarian.
I have such a soft spot for David Hockney.
Like an old master, that through hard work in past lives has earned the passage in this life to have their cake and eat it.
God bless.

1 Like

I’m not sure they’re the same Dali performance. The Whitechapel one is a piss poor, mutton as lamb level of pants and frankly a cheapo, poorly presented hyped up con. I swear Harry Enfield right now is exclaiming ‘l saw you coming…’

But the Hockney one is slick and professional, involving the man himself. It is a novelty, not something I’d like to see becoming the norm (though I can imagine these are becoming popular) but defo. interesting and the new arts hall hosting it, The Lightroom, is quite cool.

I feel the same re Hockney I didn’t really appreciate his work till about 15 years ago. Now I am a big fan love his work. He’s aging like a good red.

I don’t think he ever wanted to follow the field of the big boys club.
Of the Abstract Expressionists and poppers that was predominantly a male machismo thing perhaps.
Unique, definitely - but typical of his regional home grown outlook in life.

The landscapes he’s been working on for the last few years, they’re simple views of country lanes etc but are brilliantly painted in their simplicity.

As he came from Bradford. Those country lanes could well lead to the finest Yorkshire vineyards.

1 Like

Pete, Tobyjug, Jamiewednesday,

In David Hockney, we are fortunate to be able to see the development of a great painter in real time. There aren’t too many like him around and the changes in his work since the 1960s have been intriguing.

I think that he left Bradford for California for good reason and his work has evolved through portraiture, urban scenes, stage design, photography, landscapes and still life. In addition, he now works a lot on an iPad. Most, or all, of the material at the Hockney-Matisse exhibition in Nice was done on an iPad and it is definitely worth having a look at it online.

Best wihes,
Brian D.

2 Likes

Here’s a few of ours from around the house. I’m not sure they’ll be to everyone’s taste, but hope you enjoy them. Lighting and reflection is a challenge in a couple.

10 Likes

We are fortunate that he sits, or rather stands, in our downstairs loo!

3 Likes

A couple more that’ll fall into the love it of loath it category :blush:

8 Likes