Naim owners Artwork

Actually there is loads about him if you google Andrew Pearson artist.
Best

David

Same here, except for one Mrs Pete brought in Bali of fish.

Local Leigh-on-Sea artist Howard Robinson. Oil on canvas. A view from Two Tree Island back towards Hadleigh Castle.

7 Likes

Most of the paintings around my house are my late wife’s work. I’ve picked a couple, the seed head work is the style she was working in a lot in her last months, watercolours textured wíth seed heads.
The Scarborough bus scene brings back happy memories, it’s based on a photo she took when we were there, a rainy summer day.

21 Likes

Love the bus painting and the colours in the other one. Did late wife paint professionally?

1 Like

Great painting @Rod_Smith Unlikely you will ever leave the wine trade but you could stand in for Depache Mode if not?

Our only original painting at home, from an artist who became a friend to, lovely guy called Rhaoul Speek Cuban by birth moved to Wales some time ago and has a gallery and studio in the stunning town of Solva in Pembrokeshire

Anyway we go to know Rhaoul and his wife Heather over a number of years, when my mother passed away we asked him to paint a picture for us with out input so lots of memories

4 Likes

I’d say semi-pro Pete. She was a biomedical scientist ad then a management consultant, as her health went down she threw her energy into her art. She held exhibitions in local galleries and restaurants, and sold lim-ed prints through local galleries. She was selling maybe 5 or 6 originals and 40 prints a year. As you’ll recognise, the art gave her great joy both in the creation and seeing the finished work.

7 Likes

This is the 1st painting we put up even before we had moved into our new built house 18 months ago, and very excited we were too. It hangs next to our dining area. The French artist is Gina Pellon, who was a member of the Cobra-group in the sixties, who were leading in using a strong colour palette in their art expression. She painted till she died at the age of 88 six years ago. ( oil on canvas)

13 Likes

Not many people know a lot about the Cobra Group, I travelled to Europe just to see some of their work.

1 Like

How interesting Pete, from memory the group also had 2 Danish members; Asger Jorn and Carl Henning Pedersen. Isn’t it correct that the group was also named ‘ The colourists’ , and wasn’t Corneille also part of it?
The piece here is called ‘ Soldat plomp’ or ‘the tin soldier’, and was painted in 2001. We have 2 more small pieces from her gifted hand, as we adore her work. ATB Peter

1 Like

Correct, and I think de Kooning took it to NY and turned into something else.

It is nice to have a conversation piece

4 Likes

Finally decided to get a couple of my images on to large canvases. I’d played around with the idea of doing some abstract oil paintings but never got round to it. Maybe this year. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Cool Running.
I created this whilst on a study exchange in Germany. I put it up on show in a short group exhibition to highlight “Kalte Sophie” or the Ice Saints day.
This was in the 1990s and the painting is looking a bit battered. Although I quite like that - makes it look like it should be in a museum or something.

10 Likes

Good music and good art go hand-in-hand. I’m fortunate to have a well-respected artist for a sister. This piece hangs above my listening room. It stands about 4’ tall.

7 Likes

I also have a print of another of Zaria Forman’s seascapes in my office. Not as good as an original drawing of course, but a lot less expensive…

4 Likes

Hi @Mick_B further to your prompt I went to the Eubanks sale today and bought one of the paintings. The photo below shows it below my existing Ron Smoothey painting. Fortunately there was only limited interest in the painting, so I got it for half the lower estimate.

So thank you very much for the spot!

5 Likes

Discovered Kirk Andrews when having a dem of a Rega P8, Apheta 3 & Aria at a Birmingham dealer. They had several of his pictures adorning the dem room. A few days later walking along the canal paths in Stourbridge on a gloriously sunny day we stumbled upon his studio. So not only a few £ on a turntable, but a few quid on a picture. …loved the Rega BTW. FullSizeRender-95-310x310

4 Likes

Excellent news. We had hoped to pop along to the auction so missed meeting you. Hope you enjoy your purchase - it looks a great accompaniment to the one you already have.

1 Like