Naim owners Artwork

Not my sort of painting at all, but I like the back story of how you come to have it.
Best

David

Thank you David, could this be more your style? ATB Peter
Rob Hefferan ( Lancashire artist) commissioned by us under the title ‘ A new beginning’ after my now beloved wife and I met 12 years ago.

10 Likes

Excellent thread.

This is a Hush print that we took a fancy to some years back and hangs above my head while in my ‘listening spot’.

12 Likes

Wonderful.

I can see that would divide opinion. I like it, but I find it disturbing too.

1 Like

Love the way colour and black has been combined- great piece Jamiewednesday. ATB Peter

No that’s not my style either, but I also like the back story on that one too!

Best

David

1 Like

Would you like me to post some more to see, if we can find you one you like? Our art collection is somewhat eclectic.:nerd_face: ATB Peter

My taste is quite eclectic too. You can see one of the paintings I have near the beginning of this thread. I do though enjoy the story about how the painting comes to be where it is. A friend asked me how we chose the pictures on our walls and was surprised when I started to explain what lay behind each one.
Best
David

Great story David and this is exactly, what makes art pieces mean something very special to us beyond being nice to look at. ATB Peter

Photo’s don’t really do these justice. These are a few of the paintings on our walls all by the same artist… My lovely partner of many years Jan, has been inspired to get the paints out again since moving to Cornwall. Never sells any just paints for pleasure.

9 Likes

More Australian First People art:

Sorry about the reflections.

8 Likes

She is quite talented. Painting for some, a musical instrument for others – it’s good to feed that part of our brains that gets fed by such activities. It was advice I got decades ago; I do not pick up my guitar often enough to say that I heed the advice.

The big one is by the Catalan artist Denis Ribas, which Mrs HH bought last year when we were on holiday in Menton. He had an exhibition in the town and helped us choose which one to get.

The small one is by local Emsworth Artist Andrew Pearson. Mrs HH bought it quite a few years ago. It’s a study for an oil called Tiger Leaping Gorge. That was too expensive at the time so she bought the study. It’s probably my favourite of all her pictures.

6 Likes

I like the smaller piece, is it watercolour?

It is, yes. Andrew is entirely self taught.

I love the Denis Rivas the light shining through and the point in the distance that draws you along the path - captivating. I recall you saying people made comments about the path looking like bacon rashers. I think the colours and textures are quite beautiful.

1 Like

I’ll google him, thanks.

I’m not sure you’ll find him though. We have another five of his pictures around the house, oils, a watercolour and a pastel. This is another one, an oil. I’ve never thought about it before, but all our pictures are landscapes or still lives.

2 Likes

R O Lenkiewicz. Syd sniffing glue.

11 Likes