Naim Powerline?

Repeating that mentioning mains cables would be a problem doesn’t make it less false. Of course, by adding a 3rd party PS into your post you more or less guaranteed moderation because it’s a violation of forum rules for an entirely different reason that is clearly explained in the rules. Just don’t take it as confirmation for your false claim regarding mains cables.

Obviously the question of whether Naim has a product in a particular segment has no bearing on this because amps, streamers, interconnects, and speaker cables by other brands are being discussed and even praised all the time, and last I checked Naim had those. Speakers also aren’t forbidden although Focal makes some, I believe

djh1697, the rules are clear re. discussion of unauthorised modification to Naim equipment. 3rd party power supplies, fake “SNAICs” and Burndy cables are all considered modifications. There are serious issues with these devices; at best, they won’t give you the performance Naim intended, and at worst, may well damage your equipment and may even be unsafe. Apart from that, there are serious warranty and liability issues at play and the rules only came about due to Naim finding this out the hard way.

Yes, there are two people within the industry who have told Naim in no uncertain terms that they do not wish for their name, their company, or their products to be mentioned or discussed on the Naim forum. That’s all I can say on this as Naim have no particular ill feelings towards them and don’t really wish for any dispute, so are happy to comply.

As for discussion of other brands, Naim are happy for these to be discussed within reason. Obviously while it’s your forum, it’s Naim’s house and so a bit of respect is due. To that end, pushing an agenda or repeatedly pushing a particular brand is not on, and any signs that might indicate that a member is shilling on behalf of any particular commercial entity will result in their removal from the forum.

2 Likes

I found Powerline added real improvements in sq. Took them out after a year or so and found sq quite a bit worse IIRC.

For those using Powerline and power strips. Are you using PL from wall to power strip to or only the last step from strip to Naim?

I am using both from wall to “strip” and from “strip” to units, because the PowerIgel Plus has them everywhere - which I suppose is an endorsement of doing it this way.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.